Fighter of the decade Prediction Thread

Ronda or Weidman would be my guess. Maybe JBJ if he gets his shit together, like TS said.

If McGoat gets past Aldo and can sustain his reign, McGoat. Otherwise, Aldo.

If you dont account for things like hype, personality and outside the the ring/cage issues then of course Jon Jones--assuming he doesn't tiger wood's his return.
Duffy Bless.

I'm leaning towards Georges since Silva tested positive.

GSP fought 6 times this decade, with one of those fights being a controversial decision where the majority of people thought he lost, including me.

Going 6-0 or 5-1 in a decade doesn't justify FOTD. He may have been the best fighter from 2004 to 2014 though, just not for solid decades like the 10's or 20's.

Depends if GSP and/or JJ come back and dominate.

My candidates (if they continue to dominate) are...

Ronda
DJ
Lawler
Weidman

Long shots...

Joanna
Werdum
Rory
TJ

A guy with 5 losses is a candidate but not P4P #1, 9-0 Aldo?

Most likely whoever is hot from 2017-2019 because memories are short. It is doubtful the current contenders will be around in 5 years time so they will have to make a mark in the next 2-3.

Rhonda will retire to do movies.
Jones and GSP are question marks.
HW will never produce a decade long dominant champ (despite the resurgence of Werdum and Arlovski!)
Lawler won't last 2 more years as champ (no offense) and I won't commit to anybody else at WW.
LW is a shark tank and somebody may emerge but nothing based on 2010-15.
Aldo is the best bet at FW and could definitely be the best shot if he moves to LW and is successful. Mcgregor or Edgar could emerge but the former doesn't have a strong 2010-2013 resume while the latter has too many losses (albeit competitive).
BW and Fly don't have the depth to warrant anybody, sorry DJ.

Having said all that, I am sure I will be proven wrong several times over.

Georges St Pierre- dominant champion from 06' to 13' w/ the one loss being to Matt Serra in which he avenged it in brutal fashion

Fans have short memories so whoever is big and active at that moment will be the fighter of the decade. Just look at the last three pages.

There's only one fighter who had an entire new division created around her and brought women's MMA to the UFC and mainstream. And also happens to be MMAs biggest star and now biggest PPV draw

giphy.gif

In all honesty..... Weidman is on track for FOTD

This. Aldo if he beats Mcgregor would be a good possibilty to. Jones will not be due to his odd behavior outside the octagon.

Cerrone will probably have 50 fights this decade.

There's only one fighter who had an entire new division created around her and brought women's MMA to the UFC and mainstream. And also happens to be MMAs biggest star and now biggest PPV draw

giphy.gif

85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif

These lonely nerds looking for a real life female Marvel superhero need to go back to whatever cartoon they were watching before WMMA was brought to the UFC.

This. Aldo if he beats Mcgregor would be a good possibilty to. Jones will not be due to his odd behavior outside the octagon.

It's fighter of the decade though, not philanthropist of the the decade. Trust me I dislike Jones as much as the next decent human but there is absolutely no denying his greatness.

85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif

These lonely nerds looking for a real life female Marvel superhero need to go back to whatever cartoon they were watching before WMMA was brought to the UFC.

Uh...not sure who you're talking about but I am married with kids and work at a tech company in the Bay Area. If you disagree with my choice that's one thing, but she is certainly in the running if not the front runner at this point. But if it makes you feel good to name call to make yourself feel tough go for it.

Uh...not sure who you're talking about but I am married with kids and work at a tech company in the Bay Area. If you disagree with my choice that's one thing, but she is certainly in the running if not the front runner at this point. But if it makes you feel good to name call to make yourself feel tough go for it.

I've seen your posts guy, It's Ronda this or Ronda that with you. You have absolutely no respect for the fight game if you honestly think Ronda is a FOTD candidate, end of story.

Clearly Ronda

Anyone who doesn't think so is a blind hater with their head buried in the sand

Back