Fighter of the decade Prediction Thread

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
We are half way there.

Fedor was voted as the fighter of the decade, and rightfully so. He didn't lose a fight for a decade, one blemish on his record from a fight which was stopped due to a cut from an illegal elbow and someone had to advance in the tournament thus was given the loss on his record, with his fight against Crocop being voted as a fight of the decade as well.

Who will it be?

I think it will be Jon Jones if he gets his shit together

Honorable mention: Chris Weidman and Jose Aldo

If the UFC or the general public has anything to do with it of course it will be Ronda.

If we are talking about experts in the media picking a person it will be Jon Jones assuming he comes back to the sport and fights again.

Honestly probably Anderson Silva or Jon Jones would be the most logical picks. Silva did taint his legacy with the failed drug test. Jones tainted himself being an idiot. But they have the big fight resume to be declared fighters of the decade so far.

In all honesty..... Weidman is on track for FOTD

I'm leaning towards Georges since Silva tested positive.

If McGoat gets past Aldo and can sustain his reign, McGoat. Otherwise, Aldo.

If you dont account for things like hype, personality and outside the the ring/cage issues then of course Jon Jones--assuming he doesn't tiger wood's his return.

Guys, decade as in 2010-2020 For one Anderson went 6-2 from 2010, in losses of which he was clowning around and got knocked the hell out and in other one he broke his leg and he pissed hot against Nick Diaz. And in his first fight in 2010, he was so disrespectful inside the cage, which was kinda messed up.

Fedor didn't lose in 2000-2010 for ten years

Depends if GSP and/or JJ come back and dominate.

My candidates (if they continue to dominate) are...

Ronda
DJ
Lawler
Weidman

Long shots...

Joanna
Werdum
Rory
TJ

Aldo or McGregor

Weidman - maybe.

Rhonda

Weidman, man the dude is an undefeated champion and still forgettable somehow. One of my favorite fighters too.

Should have included him on the list. If he gets Jon in his return fight and can steal a win Weidman would be a lock--which also speaks volumes about Jon Jones. Weidman's would have beaten 2 of the 4 that consistently make the GOAT discussion (JJ, Spider, Fedor, GSP).

Weidman, man the dude is an undefeated champion and still forgettable somehow. One of my favorite fighters too.

Should have included him on the list. If he gets Jon in his return fight and can steal a win Weidman would be a lock--which also speaks volumes about Jon Jones. Weidman's would have beaten 2 of the 4 that consistently make the GOAT discussion (JJ, Spider, Fedor, GSP).

Chris is awesome he just has a murders row of upcoming fights / contenders so the likelihood if him finishing the decade as a top guy is definitely an uphill battle.

It's gotta be either Jonathan Dwight Jones or Christopher James Weidman at this point. If it's only 2010-2019 being counted, GSP wouldn't have enough of a resume to contend if he really did retire. Anderson has his 2 losses to Weidman this decade and his PED/sex pills issue. Fedor got finished 3 times this decade, including one where he was knocked out by a middleweight. Maybe Ronda or Aldo with more work to do this decade could get in the conversation. It's tough for Aldo though because his biggest win is probably Frankie Edgar with the rest of his resume a collective "who"? Mark Hominick, Kenny Florian, Ricardo Lamas? Yeah those guys aren't household names and you would have to be a huge mma fan to have any idea who are what those guys are.

I'm leaning towards Georges since Silva tested positive.

But if he doesn't come back, he will have last fought in 2013, still 7 years in that decade. Its still early but likely Jon Jones. The Chris could surpass if he fights more often and goes on a crazy run.

At this point, Weidman. If Weidman actually does end up fighting Jones(and I think he will, and I think he will win), there would be no doubt in my mind.

Jones so far, as much as I dislike him as a person hes the only one you can pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back