Fighter faints spectacularly during fight

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
May have been posted already but i've never seen this before.

Halfway through round one of a fight a fighter completely blacks out and faints. Pretty spectacularly.

Happens at around 3:45

Saw this earlier this week. Seems weird that it was declared a no contest.

I remember something similar happening in Rio Heros before where one fighter passed out and started vomiting. This was after he'd fought multiple times in one night though.

Saw this earlier this week. Seems weird that it was declared a no contest.

I remember something similar happening in Rio Heros before where one fighter passed out and started vomiting. This was after he'd fought multiple times in one night though.

I'm pretty sure something similar happened in a RFA or Legacy fight (I can't remember which fight was)
The fighter passed out in his corner between rounds, his team woke him up and he continued fighting one more round, he finally lost an UD)

Would have been funny if the other dude just started hardcore celebrating.

I'm pretty sure something similar happened in a RFA or Legacy fight (I can't remember which fight was)
The fighter passed out in his corner between rounds, his team woke him up and he continued fighting one more round, he finally lost an UD)

Yeah I think I remember that fight too, where the fighter face planted off of his stool in between rounds? Pretty sad that his corner would send him back out to fight after that.

He didn't feint. God's Warrior was simply feeling the spirit of the lord. #BennyHinnKO

He didn't feint. God's Warrior was simply feeling the spirit of the lord. #BennyHinnKO

Lol homeboy got slain in the spirit.

Pentecostal Fighting Championships.

Get knocked out but get SAVED!!!!

Got to respect his opponent for not going after him and diving in with a punch..!

A lot of pricks may have done this...

Matt_Manzanares_vs._Junior_Maranhao_medium.gif

Yeah, that was something else.

One of the shadiest things I've seen a corner do sending him back out there.

It was probably because of the choke attempts then standing up so quickly after being on the ground he blood pressure dropped. Orthostatic hypotension.

It was probably because of the choke attempts then standing up so quickly after being on the ground he blood pressure dropped. Orthostatic hypotension.

I feel feint after deadlifting relatively low weights, so it seems to make sense, also slam probably didn't help him either. From the explanation it's odd we don't see it more really.

Hope the lad definitely doesn't have some sort of health / heart issue though - you occasionally hear about young men dying on the football (soccer) pitch because a previously undetected issue with their hearts suddenly rears up.

Matt_Manzanares_vs._Junior_Maranhao_medium.gif

Yeah, that was something else.

One of the shadiest things I've seen a corner do sending him back out there.

Pretty disgusting how anyone in or around the cage let it continue, let alone his corner (but yes they need to bear the brunt of the blame). Why didn't the ref or ringside athletic commission representative or even the other corner step up?

Back