Fighter Cribs

c3780d4b-05b0-4888-9fc5-5112024b7238.jpg._CB275594265_.jpg

Here's Erick Silva's. Kid's got a bright future ahead of him.

So...... you're making the case that MMA fighters are underpaid by using someone whose net worth is $14 million as an example???

No. That was the example given based on the initial post.

You can take any sport with their highest paid and lowest paid athlete and compare to the UFC or MMA in general.
The result is the same across the spectrum.

We can use Michael Jordan vs. Conor for instance. Ronda . St Pierre. Do the numbers, you'll see what I mean.
Baseball and Soccer is even more of a spread.

ie Alex Rodriguez made $21 million in 2017 alone, and he was injured. Highest season pay was $33 Million, without sponsorship or bonus.

The only reason Conor is worth so much is he crossed over to boxing. Otherwise, we're back in the bucket.

You can take any sport with their highest paid and lowest paid athlete and compare to the UFC or MMA in general.

We can use Michael Jordan vs. Conor for instance. Ronda . St Pierre. Do the numbers, you'll see what I mean.

ie Alex Rodriguez made $21 million in 2017 alone, and he was injured. Highest season pay was $33 Million, without sponsorship or bonus.

The only reason Conor is worth so much is he crossed over to boxing. Otherwise, we're back in the bucket.

But why would you think that MMA fighters should be payed as much as basketball or soccer players when MMA has a tiny fraction of the fans and brings in a tiny fraction of revenue compared to mainstream sports?

It's like arguing that the cast of some show nobody watches should be paid as much as the cast of Star Wars.

Someone post Holyfield's old crib. It was big as shit.

Really? Well, my last comment about pay was ''tongue in cheek", but let's compare their age and career shall we?

Chuck, born 1969. Professional fighter since 1998. Retired 2010 and fought again 2018.
12 years fighting + Tito rematch = 12.5 years

Reported net worth - $14 million

Shaq, born 1972. Pro player since 1992. Retired 2011.

Reported net worth - $400 million

How the hell on fucking Earth did chuck get that much money?

Floyd's new house, $10 Million in Vegas. Not bad for a broke boxer
11290925_web1_9504kingsgate_aerials-103.jpg
Nice house in a HORRIBLE location. Its Vegas, so I get it, but fuck everything around that house is an eye sore. That house needs more land.

Well not exactly.

My buddy played Pro Lacrosse after University.

The players got $50/game plus expenses (motel's and bus ride and a meals).

So the better question is why are MMA fighters paid so much in comparison?

How much is annual property tax for those huge vacation resorts?

Floyd's new house, $10 Million in Vegas. Not bad for a broke boxer
11290925_web1_9504kingsgate_aerials-103.jpg
That actually looks really nice, surprisingly (minus the unfortunate group of McMansions and ugly fence surrounding it of course). Usually celebrities have pretty awful taste in homes, but I see May has some good taste!

I still don't get the point of these huge mansions

Unless your family is huge, your house will end up being empty and lifeless
Yes man! I’ve never understood that. If I had $10 million to spend on a house, it would be HELLA nice, but it wouldn’t be big.

Just saw something on TV, thought it would be a cool thread. Let's see how these celebs and warriors are living. It's nothing like any other sport though; Shaq (as seen on TV) is living large.

Chuck Liddel started out somewhat modest, then upgraded to a nice pad.

$1.3 Million
4e20b6ea4bd7c85772220000-480-283.jpg

4e20b6f0ccd1d5c4471f0000-480-281.jpg

Chuck's new place, est. value $2.6 Million
112396-chuck_liddell_house_sold_photos_01_0025_Layer_5_full.jpg

112399-chuck_liddell_house_sold_photos_01_0023_Layer_7_full.jpg

By comparison, here is Shaq's place @ $28 Million. Complete with indoor Basketball court and other attractions:
word-image-10.png

word-image-15-1024x682.jpeg

word-image-19-1024x682.jpeg

Dana, pay your fighters some coin!

Damn Shaq. Dat IcyHot money doing some work.

Back