Fighter "A" weighs in 0.25 pounds over weight has to give up 20% of their purse to their opponent.

Philtard

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Fighter "B" takes performance enhancing drugs gets busted post fight and gets to keep their entire pay check.

What gives? Why such huge disparity and which to you is worse?

The weight thing is just a part of being professional so you get fined. Test positive and you get a 2 year suspension and a fine.

You don't get to keep you entire paycheck. Brock will lose 20% or whatever of his disclosed pay (you would also only lose your disclosed pay for failing to make weight)

One cost you 5K, the other could cost you 7 figures.

The weight thing is just a part of being professional so you get fined. Test positive and you get a 2 year suspension and a fine.
I get what you're saying but isn't it also just being professional to not get busted for PEDS and what if you could just walk off into the sunset and never fight again with one of the biggest checks ever created.. (even bigger than dem pride checks)

They don't keep their entire paycheck. The UFC decided that they wouldn't dock Brock's pay. They don't dock fighters pay for missing weight either: the commission does. And the NSAC could fine Brock up to 75% of his purse according to their guidelines.

They don't keep their entire paycheck. The UFC decided that they wouldn't dock Brock's pay. They don't dock fighters pay for missing weight either: the commission does. And the NSAC could fine Brock up to 75% of his purse according to their guidelines.
The nsac are bunch of fucking goofs. Anyone deserves that dollar it's the guys opponent.

The only one to have suffered anything from this ill will is the competitor. Although the NSAC do value their cheap hookers and coke and might be running low on seed money.

I get what you're saying but isn't it also just being professional to not get busted for PEDS and what if you could just walk off into the sunset and never fight again with one of the biggest checks ever created.. (even bigger than dem pride checks)
Then you will be labeled a cheater and i think Brock will be fined a hefty chunk if guilty.

Then you will be labeled a cheater and i think Brock will be fined a hefty chunk if guilty.
Is he legally obliged to? or could he just turn round and say fuck you, and fuck mma. Does he even need to attend a hearing if he didn't want to? In that case the NSAC are even more of a racket than Ive been thinking.

Is he legally obliged to? or could he just turn round and say fuck you, and fuck mma. Does he even need to attend a hearing if he didn't want to? In that case the NSAC are even more of a racket than Ive been thinking.
I'm pretty sure he hasn't collected all of his money for that purpose.

Fighter "B" takes performance enhancing drugs gets busted post fight and gets to keep their entire pay check.

First of all, B will get a fine. Secondly B will also be suspended for what seems to be 2 years most of the time

That's actually a really good point and a good question. Steroids does seem way worse. Essentially, a fighter like Brock, Conor, or Ronda could do the following to become a millionaire set for life: come into a huge event, hype the shit out of it, come in juiced to the gills, win, get millions, get busted, get suspended...

Then retire from MMA with NO MONEY LOST

(other than whatever comparatively minuscule fine you pay versus what you actually made from the event). There's almost
nothing to keep someone from doing it, other than the fact that only 3 fighters actually have that kind of drawing power.

And here's a good answer.

Make weight or move up weight classes. 99% of fighters make weight. PED's? Seems like everyone is using them, who cares?

I'm sure most guys would much rather give up 20% of their purse than get banned for 2 years.

Back