Fight to end the Cold War - Cotto vs Canelo

That's a big IF, since I have a feeling Lara gets the better of Canelo.

I'm actually more interested in seeing a fight between GGG and Cotto.
As much as I hate to admit. GGG destroys Cotto.

As much as I hate to admit. GGG destroys Cotto.

It would be competitive. The Cotto trained by Pedro Diaz, yes but not this one with Roach. His offense and power has come back.

All the combos he threw against Sergio were the same exact ones Freddie has been drilling with him on the mits.

Would love to see GGG in there but as of now there are much bigger money fights out there for Miguel angel.

Todd duboef has said him and Cotto are discussing a December return to the garden.

That would be one hell of a matchup. Can't think of many fights I'd rather see.

Cotto is in a phenomenal position right now. Could go a bunch of different routes. Mayweather/Pacquaio rematch, Canelo, possibly Golovkin (although I doubt it happens).

Wonder where the fight would take place? MSG, Vegas or big stadium like Dallas.

Yea I think that's the fight to make IF Canelo gets by my boy which I strongly doubt that will happen.

That's why I said the Canelo vs. Lara is now officially the most important fight of the year.

Gonna agree with Cuban here, people are getting too ahead of themselves b/c Lara is winning this.

how would a Lara vs Cotto fight look like ppv wise?

Gonna agree with Cuban here, people are getting too ahead of themselves b/c Lara is winning this.

If Lara wins, Cotto passes him. Not enough want and need from the public for that fight. Miguel is looking for the biggest pay days he can get and rightfully deserved

Ya nothing Cotto showed me last night makes me think that he would stand a chance against GGG. GGG isnt shot and will walk cotto down

Cotto's two big money options would appear to be Canelo or Floyd II. If Canelo loses to Lara - and I think he will - I'd expect Cotto to have a keep busy in December, rematch Floyd next May, then - win, lose or draw - fight Canelo next fall/winter.

Cotto might be past his best, but he's potentially got the chance to make more money in his post-peak years than he did during his prime. (The joys of being a free agent and being on good terms with everyone, more or less.)

Cotto's two big money options would appear to be Canelo or Floyd II. If Canelo loses to Lara - and I think he will - I'd expect Cotto to have a keep busy in December, rematch Floyd next May, then - win, lose or draw - fight Canelo next fall/winter.

Cotto might be past his best, but he's potentially got the chance to make more money in his post-peak years than he did during his prime. (The joys of being a free agent and being on good terms with everyone, more or less.)

A rematch with PBF would make sense as well...and in terms of business, make perfect sense.

Personally, I had Cotto winning 3-4 rounds against Mayweather...

I think he's still too slow for him, but this would easily be a multi million dollar purse.

A rematch with PBF would make sense as well...and in terms of business, make perfect sense.

Personally, I had Cotto winning 3-4 rounds against Mayweather...

I think he's still too slow for him, but this would easily be a multi million dollar purse.
Unless Floyd is feeling generous all of a sudden, I believe the Canelo vs Cotto bout would be more lucrative for Miguel.

Floyd never shares the pot with his opponents, 5 mil pay day tops for the opponents.

Thinking Cotto could earn 10 mil + in a bout against Canelo. Mexican and pr fans would push the fight high. Plus the in ring action would be better. He would be the a side to Canelo.

Unless Floyd is feeling generous all of a sudden, I believe the Canelo vs Cotto bout would be more lucrative for Miguel.

Floyd never shares the pot with his opponents, 5 mil pay day tops for the opponents.

Thinking Cotto could earn 10 mil + in a bout against Canelo. Mexican and pr fans would push the fight high. Plus the in ring action would be better. He would be the a side to Canelo.

Like Batkilt, I think Lara defeats Canelo as well...

I don't think Canelo vs Cotto is going to happen for some time.

GGG would be a terrible fight for Cotto.. high risk/low reward imo.

Cotto should fight winner of Canelo/Lara it make sense and it will do huge numbers because hispanics love boxing.. i don't think a mayweather rematch will happen

Read my mind. Love to see this.

Lara smiles as he reads this thread

Canelo would meet Cotto at any weight class. I'm sure we are gonna get the same people who said that Cotto would get murdered by Canelo. I'm pretty sure Floyd Mayweather would disagree with that. Specially from recent memory.

I think Cotto will either fight Canelo or GGG next. Either choice is fine by me. If Canelo gets by Lara, then he's next line for Cotto. If Lara beats Canelo, then GGG is right behind him to take the spot to fight Cotto next.

If Mayweather is smart he takes on Cotto and then takes on Canelo. That's where the money is.

nah he wont fight Canelo again so soon he just beat him convincingly. Cotto has a shot and Maidana will get another but the last may fight will be with manny it just feels like floyds master plan.

Back