Fight Stamina

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I notice that while fighting with some of the younger guys in my class I gas out well before them. Is there anything that I can do to help that? Of course, fight more, but when that isn't an option, is there something that I can try in order to increase my stamina during a fight specifically?

its either sprint or get younger. id really appreciate it if u could figure out a way to get younger , so i could copy u and not have to sprint.

I get on the stair master and get my heart rate to 180-200 and keep it there for about 45 min. 3 times a week worked great for me.

parallax86 said:
its either sprint or get younger. id really appreciate it if u could figure out a way to get younger , so i could copy u and not have to sprint.

I'll let you know when I find the foutain of youth.lol

Alright, that's pretty much what I thought. It seems like there's usually never some secret that I'm missing from my workout. It's there right in front of my face. Thanks, guys. I'm going to have to get back on my Guerilla Cardio routine before the blizzards start up here.

I'm gonna come out in favour of heavy bag work, particularly when using the Bas Rutten tapes, always kicks my ass and I find it seems to carry over better into my fight stamina both in standup and grappling than anything else.

SmashiusClay said:
I'm gonna come out in favour of heavy bag work, particularly when using the Bas Rutten tapes, always kicks my ass and I find it seems to carry over better into my fight stamina both in standup and grappling than anything else.

I still have yet to get that, but it's on my wish list, so if anyone plans on getting me a Christmas present, ha, ha. But seriously, I've heard a lot of good stuff about that Bas Rutten workout. I'll have to eventually shell out the money when I fill up my coin jar. lol

Bas Rutten tapes on the heavy bag for stand-up uphill sprints and swimming for ground.

A stairmaster can get your heart rate up that high ?? o_O

FiendishOne said:
Bas Rutten tapes on the heavy bag for stand-up uphill sprints and swimming for ground.
It's true, I should go back to swimming more regularly found it really helped my ground work if i just swam 1k once a week.

Swimming isn't really an option, because I have neither the money nor the time to go to a gym that has one. I'll just have to stick with the bag, sprints and jump rope. This winter is going to be a pain, though. The weather is terrible up here, and the only place I can jump rope is outside. I guess I'll be getting up early to shovel, anyway.

FiendishOne said:

do sprints carry over well to ground work?

Back