Fight Shorts Recommendations

DaoJones

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi,

Been out of martial arts for quite some time. Will start working out at a local club soon and looking for decent mma type shorts.

I still have an old pair of Sprawl that I got from Combat Sports International that I really like. I'm looking for something similar and not seeing anything on their website that I'm interested in. Something not too short, a bit stretchy, elastic and drawstring waist band would fill the bill.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

http://www.cageside.com/cheap-fight-shorts-p/b-nlfsw.htm

Cageside shorts, really nice quality / build. Best value for money imho. I've had guys grab them roughly feet hooked in the bottoms and pushing off of them.

No pockets on the outside. Has the inside drawstring with really durable construction.

Oh and... you get them cheaper than anything? Tbh It's almost against their favor that they have such high quality for that price because it feels like I just don't need to buy any extra pairs because the one I have won't ever rip.

http://www.cageside.com/cheap-fight-shorts-p/b-nlfsw.htm

Cageside shorts, really nice quality / build. Best value for money imho. I've had guys grab them roughly feet hooked in the bottoms and pushing off of them.

No pockets on the outside. Has the inside drawstring with really durable construction.

Oh and... you get them cheaper than anything? Tbh It's almost against their favor that they have such high quality for that price because it feels like I just don't need to buy any extra pairs because the one I have won't ever rip.

Thank you much. Those look almost exactly like some FightFX shorts I used to have. I never was crazy about the material, but I see that Cageside has some microfiber shorts that are very reasonable.

Thank you much. Those look almost exactly like some FightFX shorts I used to have. I never was crazy about the material, but I see that Cageside has some microfiber shorts that are very reasonable.

Oh actually, my mistake I do have the microfiber, THOSE are the shit, that's what I wear and yeah sorry, I cannot personally recommend the $15 shorts since I haven't used them, but the microfiber ones are the ones I wear daily for training.

I'm sure their cheaper ones are good as well but man, I've had gi's feel more poorly constructed / less solid than those shorts do sometimes.

Honestly of all the brands I've tried Cageside is actually like, and this feels weird saying it because it's such a small brand, it's one of the best brands I think on the market. I've been really meaning to pick up one of their 'fight packages' and do like a review of all their gear. I don't still have the gloves on me (donated sorta to my old gym) but I had the first version of their blizzard gloves, fantastic value for money, great gloves for sure that reminded me of fairtex gloves. Granted it's only two things i've used from them and thought both were excellent. But... it being a small company, quality control isn't difficult. And both things that i've used were like... on the cheaper side price wise but, the shorts are the best i've ever used tbh.

Last edited:
I think Phantom makes shorts exactly like sprawl, you can try and see if you can get hold of any.

Oh actually, my mistake I do have the microfiber, THOSE are the shit, that's what I wear and yeah sorry, I cannot personally recommend the $15 shorts since I haven't used them, but the microfiber ones are the ones I wear daily for training.

I'm sure their cheaper ones are good as well but man, I've had gi's feel more poorly constructed / less solid than those shorts do sometimes.

Honestly of all the brands I've tried Cageside is actually like, and this feels weird saying it because it's such a small brand, it's one of the best brands I think on the market. I've been really meaning to pick up one of their 'fight packages' and do like a review of all their gear. I don't still have the gloves on me (donated sorta to my old gym) but I had the first version of their blizzard gloves, fantastic value for money, great gloves for sure that reminded me of fairtex gloves. Granted it's only two things i've used from them and thought both were excellent. But... it being a small company, quality control isn't difficult. And both things that i've used were like... on the cheaper side price wise but, the shorts are the best i've ever used tbh.

Kool Kool. Just placed an order. Found a couple other things on their website as well. Thanks!

I think Phantom makes shorts exactly like sprawl, you can try and see if you can get hold of any.

Trying to find something in the US that's in stock. No luck with Phantom so far.
Thanks!

Trying to find something in the US that's in stock. No luck with Phantom so far.
Thanks!

Hey man! Cageside Broom pusher/ Cabana Boy here. The microfiber shorts we have are amazing and we cant keep enough of them in stock! ( especially for the bigger fellows ).

The other shorts are made out of a taflon material which isnt as nice but is super durable.

Hey man! Cageside Broom pusher/ Cabana Boy here. The microfiber shorts we have are amazing and we cant keep enough of them in stock! ( especially for the bigger fellows ).

The other shorts are made out of a taflon material which isnt as nice but is super durable.

Hey yourself! Awesome to see someone who actually works for a company participating in forums.

If the shorts work out I'll drop another order and will be gtg for a bit. Sounds very promising!

Y'all prices are great, BTW.

Thank you much for popping in. :)

Hey yourself! Awesome to see someone who actually works for a company participating in forums.

If the shorts work out I'll drop another order and will be gtg for a bit. Sounds very promising!

Y'all prices are great, BTW.

Thank you much for popping in. :)

No problem! As you can see by the join date Im a long time lurker!

IM ALWAYS WATCHING

Why don't you just go back to Sprawl if you liked them. If there is no rush as such, they usually pop up about once a month on bjjhq

Why don't you just go back to Sprawl if you liked them. If there is no rush as such, they usually pop up about once a month on bjjhq

Nice link, I'll keep an eye on it. I haven't really seen Sprawl for sale like they used to be but I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Hey man,

Got my order in the mail today. Good call on the microfiber shorts, they feel amazing!

Thanks again!

Hey man,

Got my order in the mail today. Good call on the microfiber shorts, they feel amazing!

Thanks again!

Hey! Thanks man! Next time you order something leave a message in the comment for the order saying you're from sherdog for a surprise!

Hey! Thanks man! Next time you order something leave a message in the comment for the order saying you're from sherdog for a surprise!

Ohhhhh...ok, thanks! I did get a koozy. :)

Are the toro bjj shorts the same quality as the cageside shorts or are they a different manufacturer? The descriptions sound the same as the microfiber shorts.

Also, anyone know the inseams of the cageside microfiber shorts and the toro half guard shorts? I'm looking for shorts with a shorter inseam, but don't necessarily want them too short.

Thanks

Do you even read posts in their entirety, Brah!?

Are the toro bjj shorts the same quality as the cageside shorts or are they a different manufacturer? The descriptions sound the same as the microfiber shorts.

Also, anyone know the inseams of the cageside microfiber shorts and the toro half guard shorts? I'm looking for shorts with a shorter inseam, but don't necessarily want them too short.

Thanks

Hey man Cageside and Toro are the same essentially. Toro is just BJJ focused, while Cageside is driven more towards more MMA. The materials sometimes are the same while the prints might be different.

We have had different material of shorts for the Toro brand that we have not had for Cageside, but we are currently working on making some new Toro brand BJJ shorts that are a microfiber material. The inseams are slightly shorter and have a slight cut on either leg.

Hey man Cageside and Toro are the same essentially. Toro is just BJJ focused, while Cageside is driven more towards more MMA. The materials sometimes are the same while the prints might be different.

We have had different material of shorts for the Toro brand that we have not had for Cageside, but we are currently working on making some new Toro brand BJJ shorts that are a microfiber material. The inseams are slightly shorter and have a slight cut on either leg.

Any idea how long until the new toro shorts will be available?

Thanks

Back