Fight Pass users, is it worth it?

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Was wondering whether I should purchase Fight Pass, common users thoughts on the service?

heres how it is

the fight library is great, even if you are into piracy i dont think you can get the quality and selection of fights on there

coverage of new events is terrible

the search feature on fight pass is terrible

but its pretty low cost

if you want to be able to access a lot of older material in good resolution instead of watching it in 120p while getting attacked by russian malware, then its good

You have to get it to see Alexa Grasso - so yes.

I got a trial month of it back when they had all those fx/fight night cards a month or so back, and every event was blacked out in my area so I saw exactly 0 cards with it.

Well worth the 10 bucks even to try if for a month. Watch everything you want until you get bored of it. Going back and watching all of the beginning UFC and Pride events was well worth the money.

Fightpass is the only legal way to watch the first couple of fights on every event. That alone pays for it.

No.
They always seem to offer me a free trial (in hopes that I forget and they can start charging me) every 6 months, which coincides with a Fight Pass card I want to watch. To bring up a discussion that was on Sherdog radio, I would pay upwards of $25 a month if I got EVERYTHING live or the ability to watch just aired events within a day or two. Until they have that type of offer I won't ever subscribe, just how it is UFC. Also create a damn PS4 app that people can use.

For me it is. Instant access to a huge back library of fights. Im a bit bummed about how the fox cards cant be watched live,but in the end,for 10 bucks a month for me its worth it to have all those fights,but they really could work on the interface.

a knock against it is how some of the pride fights are handled...i dont wanna watch ufc's version of the pride fights shown on the ufcs pride tv show,show it from the original source or gtfo

I enjoyed it for the first month. After that i barely used it and cancled it by month 3.

I ordered it just to watch Joanna's title defense and I have never used it since so I would say not worth it. But I really wanted to see that fight.

when events are blacked out in your country just use a VPN proxy to change your location

I give it 7/10. I like it and find it a good purchase.

a knock against it is how some of the pride fights are handled...i dont wanna watch ufc's version of the pride fights shown on the ufcs pride tv show,show it from the original source or gtfo

I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure you can watch the pride events as they were.

like a previous post said the library is great for the most part. However the U.S. library is very limited the trick to unlocking the full library is utilizing a VPN to unlock the "blacked out" fights in the united states(and there is a lot of them!). I work in systems analysis and design and the user interface is just terrible, especially the android implementation and the website is not much better. It's almost like they did not prototyping or user interaction at all. I'm actually thinking about contacting the UFC about this and see if it's something I can help them with on a consulting basis.

I feel like the fight library is worth the money. I watch/listen while I work. I is a great way to pass the time.

I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure you can watch the pride events as they were.

ive def watched single fights where they were heavily edited like mirko vs fedor. Replays are missing.

You can if you watch the full event version. If you watch the individual fights then it's the UFC version of Pride.

Back