Fight Pass in Canada. Blackouts? Question Answered.

Jas Hanz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was just checking and the Prelims for tonights fights are blacked out. The FP prelims are there, but the Prelims being featured on TSN are blacked out.

I am livid.

If only the internet provided an alternate way to view them...

I was just checking and the Prelims for tonights fights are blacked out. The FP prelims are there, but the Prelims being featured on TSN are blacked out.

I am livid.

What is exactly blacked out?

Screenshot_2015_01_03_15_38_32.png

I'm in Canada and still have access to the prelims on FightPass.

maybe that's the special announcement

I'm in Ontario. Get the prelims starting @ 8 on Rogers tsn. Channel 497/498 tsn4/5.

Fight Pass fights are blacked out when a TV station in your area has bought the rights to show the fights. That's how it works all the time buddyboy.

I'm in Ontario. Get the prelims starting @ 8 on Rogers tsn. Channel 497/498 tsn4/5.

Efff that. That's not even the basic package. I don't have cable by choice. This bothers me in principle.

"TS are you on ufc.tv or .com?"

.tv app on my android tablet.

Dear Canadian UFC FIGHT PASS Fan,

As of January 1, 2015, there will be a change to some of the live events that air on
UFC FIGHT PASS. Main events that air in the United States on FOX and FOX Sports 1, prelims that air on UFC on FOX and for all Pay-Per-View events and The Ultimate Fighter Finale Prelims and main events will now be available on-demand in Canada on an immediate replay basis after the events conclude.

UFC FIGHT PASS will continue to offer unrivaled value in terms of live events and live fights, as you will be able to watch international UFC Fight Night events streamed live on UFC FIGHT PASS. Plus, all of the UFC FIGHT PASS prelims, as well as the
UFC Fight Night prelims, will continue to be streamed live on UFC FIGHT PASS. In addition to the UFC action, you will also have access to live events from the all-women Invicta FC organization.

Canadian subscribers will continue to enjoy international versions of The Ultimate Fighter, all original UFC FIGHT PASS content, such as the acclaimed Fightography series, and of course, the world’s largest MMA fight library.

Thank you for being a loyal UFC fan and a continued UFC FIGHT PASS subscriber.

Sincerely,
UFC FIGHT PASS Team

anybody live in western canada and know if/how they getting the prelims? i have tsn 1,2,3,4 and 5 and i'm not showing any prelims on any channel. just ufc rising at 3 or something...... does that mean i should still be able to get them on fightpass? shows as blocked out for me but then should be on tsn, no? like fuck sakes, i'm paying my $10 a month to fightspass and like $180 a month to shaw, and i don't get to watch the prelims? i get the main card on tsn but no prelims!?

So it's less content for the same price?

This blackout/delay is some legit bullshit. And it came without warning. I bought an Apple TV and a year of fightpass because I thought I would be able to watch all the fights (excluding ppv). I feel like the ufc pulled the rug out from under me.

I WANT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME GO THROUGH A THIRD PARTY?!

Last year fightpass was so good. And so progressive. Selling the product directly to the consumer online.

I live in the US and it has 100% been like this for me the entire time I've had fight pass. In fact, not even just prelims, I can't watch televised cards right after the air. You don't see me making threads bitching.

Fucking Canadians.

The Fight Network prelims have been airing on Fight Pass as well. The first event this wasn't the case but has been for every show since.

Back