Fight Of The Year

Fun fight but that last round was too much of a blow out to make it fight of the year. Felt bad for Holland, he was a karate dummy there

Granted, the third and fourth rounds were becoming one sided, but those first two rounds were fantastic. I should have put FOY Candidate.

Belongs in the discussion but we have several solid contenders this year.

Jiri vs. Glover
Khamzat vs. Burns
Poirier vs. Chandler
O’Malley vs. Yan

Holland avoiding taking advantage of the a downed opponent is ridiculous. Great fight, far from the greatest of the year.

First Gentlemen's agreement in MMA. This actually often happens in esports so interesting to see it happen in UFC. That side the agreement went to the side when it was clear he was losing on the feet.

My boy put on a clinic at 40 years old. So friggin happy right now

Props to Kevin. He is always dangerous on the feet and tough as a motherfucker. But this was a baaad night for him. Ended up looking a lot like WB vs Luque but worse. Swift recovery champ.

That was the most aggression I’ve seen from WB, in a long time. Great fight. The injury sucks, but Holland has heart.

Holland is very tough. The guy has taken some beat downs, though, and this fight was kind of a ‘thank you’ for the short notice one he took, yet he got ran through after the first two rounds. Kind of wonder what he’s going to do, because it doesn’t appear like he’s getting better (I understand he had Wonderboy hurt, only he wasn’t able to do much overall and it was exclusively a stand-up fight).

Fun fight but not even close. Cmon now. Holland was a punching bad with 1 hand for half the fight.

Jiri Glover
Khamzat Burns
Yan OMalley
Tsarukyan Gamrot
Erosa Peterson
Alex Izzy
Fig Moreno 3
Chito Font
Barberena Brown
Do Bronx Gaethje

If you want a one way traffic fight Kattar Giga was better than this.

More fights should be like this
Lots of striking, very little grappling

It is what the crowd pays to see
No one pays to see humping panic wrasslers making a fight card boring

Instead of MMA now is should just be striking with small gloves

Fun fight but not even close. Cmon now. Holland was a punching bad with 1 hand for half the fight.

Jiri Glover
Khamzat Burns
Yan OMalley
Tsarukyan Gamrot
Erosa Peterson
Alex Izzy
Fig Moreno 3
Chito Font
Barberena Brown
Do Bronx Gaethje

Sure, but during those first two and half rounds Holland was doing quite well.
If you want a one way traffic fight Kattar Giga was better than this.

Great fight, still doesnt touch Glover/Jiri (Title fight, more back and forth, went all 5 rounds, implemented all facets of MMA)

Just a beautiful exchange of technical striking. It was quite something to see Thompson move as fast as he did and hit Holland with the kitchen sink, with Holland becoming a sponge by the third round. Incredulous striking accuracy from Thompson. One of the more brutal beatings near the fourth however. Great fight.
Did you not see Gaethje-Chandler a few weeks ago?

Back