Fight Night Champion. Anyone playing again?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by DeJulez, Mar 4, 2019.

1. DeJulez Silver Belt

Maybe in the MW division. But in HW at this moment in time, 8 years after the game was made.
    You're not going 184-6 by not cheating. Its not happening, but I would bet the new game, whenever it happens, will clean alot of that up.

2. SKITZADACTYL Yellow Card Yellow Card

i had a pretty decent record at HW on my joe frazier CAF too and i fought exactly like frazier so no cheese, used to fuck up those cheesy fucks.

but yeah that was years ago, i bet i could still do the same shit if this was on ps4 though cause i'm a fookin ANIMAL.

3. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

I would outbox you in dazzling fashion. No power shots. 12 rounds at Cowboy Stadium. Any weight class. We could even use the same boxer to truly show who's got the skills.

My defense is sick and my counters would beat you on points.

4. SKITZADACTYL Yellow Card Yellow Card

buddy do i need to REMIND you of my MW OWC record, you don't want the smoke.

<DisgustingHHH>

but nah man FUCK i wish they brought this back to PS4.

5. DeJulez Silver Belt

Jump up to HW.
    Thats my domain.

6. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

The real man's division.

Lol at manlet middleweights.

7. SKITZADACTYL Yellow Card Yellow Card

i mean i had fun with my joe frazier in OWC but HW is even cheesier than MW, everyone is fuckin 6'8 with 88 reach spamming power straights. they do the max height/reach in every division but HW is just even cheesier.

ya'll can talk that shit but i'm still a middleweight LEGEND! the GOAT!

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

for real though i'd still be playing this every day if it was on PS4.

8. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

Fight Night Round 3 was the GOAT. Fuck Round 4 where you could only use the joysticks. Got up to around top 50 in the world using James Toney across like three weight classes.

9. r-harper-1 Silver Belt

Great game

10. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

Not enough skill gap in rd 3 from what i remember.

Rd 4 and fnc you actually have to be good to even beat the shitty owc's because they've played for like 10 years

11. Super Black Banned Banned

The new boxers cost too much there will never be a new fight night

12. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

They already got the classic fighters....

There's like 3 boxers with actual followings right now. Very very very little star power compared to when fnc was making games....it's not like the new fighters even have the skin in the game to demand anything

13. hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

I would die if they released this on PC.

BTW - make a southpaw, don't bother with jabs or body shots, and just straight windmill at angles with hooks and uppercuts. That was my way of cheesing other players. Especially the right hook.

14. hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

I remember being like WTF when I saw that. Manny fighting Winky Wright with Grants was somehow weirder. I think they just did that because Grant, stylistically, is probably the closest of the in-game brands to Cleto Reyes. Logo placement, etc.

15. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

Jab- pull straight back looking for left straight counter

If they don't bite, jab and angle off to your right, look for check hook

Rinse and repeat to unanimous decision after unanimous decision

16. hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

Never, EVER counter with a straight left in that game. In only ever led with it, when I could move the opponent to a good angle. The right hook was always the best to start combos, especially counters, with. rh, left uppercut right uppercut was a combo that stunned often.

17. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

I get straight left counters better than almost any punch but then again it could be a wingspan thing....i did my real height and reach which is 6 foot and 77 inch reach.

I find it easier to counter with left straight when you pull back because it can work with a lead right or jab from your opponent.

The only way i lead with any hook is if i step off to the side instead of back

18. hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

Fair enough. I played a ton as Sweet Pea, and I have decent enough reaction time to do like he did and let people flail away while countering. Hooks and uppercuts were key with that strategy.

19. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

Oh', I play.

Don't care about winning, so much as I do a fair fight. The Tyson/Frost spammers are annoying as shit. Tyson I can deal with(although he is still stupidly overpowered), but Frost is always an immediate "fuck right off" choice that I refuse to play with. Even then, I just find HW so boring with 95% of players choosing Tyson or Ali. It just gets repetitive, and I don't care if I win or lose, because it's a bit of a crap shoot.

I've found myself playing "Middleweight" more and more, because it's so much more diverse, with Robinson being the only real cheesy choice, but even then, he's not nearly as OP as some of the HW's.

Think I'm around 200-100 on my Xbox One, and that's only because I'm trying to play fair. I try to match skill ratings, so it's all good. Can't stand the players who just have to choose the best of the best, and mirroring their pick is no fun at all, and makes me feel cheap.

Luckily, there are still a lot of players who have an honor code, and accommodate me. You choose an 86 and I'll choose an 86. That's how it should go down.

20. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

You'd be surprised. They may not be household names, but they still make bank and are beholden to their many, many, many...many sponsors. It would be a nightmare to get these guys in a new game. I'm amazed they made the first three games TBH, given that boxing is such a promotional clusterfuck.