Fight Night Champion. Anyone playing again?

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Xbox One decided to re-release the game a year ago since it originally came out in 2011.

The last boxing video game made.
Hopefully they make a new one.

Anyway.
Made my create player, was 14-3, now 14-6.
Pretty pissed off, but i do like how there are different styles.
Boxer-puncher, conventional boxer, counter puncher, brawler, unconventional fighter, inside fighter and outside fighter.
I picked outside fighter. Gives me better stamina and speed to start with.
Got my jab and straight right hand built up.
My hooks are weak so I need to build them up too.

Dropped my last 3 fights.
Had a streak where I was facing these fuckin pressure type brawlers who were fuckin just on my ass every round. So I was having to constantly pivot around, throw a bunch of jabs and get out.
Was working good tho, they tire out, I start going to the body, and eventually KO them.
But then I get so use to that that Ill face a fuckin guy like me, who wants to potshot all fuckin night, and box.
I generally outbox most people but when you face a guy whos fought 100 fights compared to like 10, his stats are way up.
So if he has a great left hook or straight right hand, those shits hurt and it becomes a fuckin run and hit type fight.

Love the game tho.

Love when I get someones timing down so well that Im landing flush right hands, right when they drop there guard to throw something.

Cant wait for them to make a new one.

Xbox One decided to re-release the game a year ago since it originally came out in 2011.

Anyway.
Boxer-puncher, conventional boxer, counter puncher, brawler, unconventional fighter, inside fighter and outside fighter.

Had a streak where I was facing these fuckin pressure type brawlers who were fuckin just on my ass every round. So I was having to constantly pivot around, throw a bunch of jabs and get out.
Was working good tho, they tire out, I start going to the body, and eventually KO them.
But then I get so use to that that Ill face a fuckin guy like me, who wants to potshot all fuckin night, and box.
I generally outbox most people but when you face a guy whos fought 100 fights compared to like 10, his stats are way up.
So if he has a great left hook or straight right hand, those shits hurt and it becomes a fuckin run and hit type fight.

Love the game tho.

Love when I get someones timing down so well that Im landing flush right hands, right when they drop there guard to throw something.

Pretty sure Creed: Rise to Glory is a boxing game, so this wasn't the last boxing game made. Perhaps the last EA boxing sim, but not game.

Pretty sure Creed: Rise to Glory is a boxing game, so this wasn't the last boxing game made. Perhaps the last EA boxing sim, but not game.
I meant, like pro boxing game with real fighters.

The reason I really want to play is because there isnt too many people playing now so I have a shot at a Championship Belt in the online mode

I guess I forgot that Andre Bishop was a real fighter
Creed is all fighters from the movie.
No one uses the fake fighters in Fight Night Champion.

Plus Im playing the online mode, so I guess, technically thats ALL fake fighters, since its created players.
Fun as shit tho.

I guess I forgot that Andre Bishop was a real fighter
Do you have fight night?
It was free for along while but since alot of people started playing they made it $20 now.

Do you have fight night?
It was free for along while but since alot of people started playing they made it $20 now.
I think I still have a ps3 copy laying around somewhere. I'm mostly into VR/AR games right now though, since I develop them and some utilities for them for a living. Creed and Knockout League are hell of a workout

Wish they'd port this to PS4.

Wish they'd port this to PS4.
My friend who has a PS4 told me about it originally
I always liked playstation over Xbox, only bought an Xbox to play this game called Pub G with my friends.
But now that Fight Night is on there Ive been playing that.

Shits real good.

Oh and Teddy is still Teddy in that game.
Stupid analogies and all that when hes commentating.

My friend who has a PS4 told me about it originally
I always liked playstation over Xbox, only bought an Xbox to play this game called Pub G with my friends.
But now that Fight Night is on there Ive been playing that.

Shits real good.

Oh and Teddy is still Teddy in that game.
Stupid analogies and all that when hes commentating.
Bugs on duh winsheel.

I got it, looks great. me and my kid play against each other. tried online a few times but people just use the same button over and over. (power shots)

has aged really well...looks like it is 2 years old not 9

I got it, looks great. me and my kid play against each other. tried online a few times but people just use the same button over and over. (power shots)

has aged really well...looks like it is 2 years old not 9
Yea thats the thing.
Games 8 years old but not dated at all.

Online, I only really lose if the guys stats are high up there.
For instance if you get a guy whos played 80 games, and has his right hand maxed out or damn near it.
Its like every time he touches you you are almost rocked because your chin hasnt developed yet.

Those guys I fuckin hate.
But they also cant fight for shit, so if you can avoid their power punch, after a few rounds you can tell they're lost out there and you start teeing off on them.

I like fighting boxer types because thats how I fight and it becomes a mental game of picking each other off and countering.
Pressure fighters or Brawlers can be the hardest or the easiest to fight.

If you get a real good brawler, its fuckin tough.
They are on you like glue and are nonstop working on your body.
But by mid rounds, if youve covered up right, let your hands go inbetween their combos, you can beat them and thats when you really start letting go.

My best asset is my timing. I get so good at knowing when they are gonna throw that I beat them to the punch.
I also got to get my uppercut stats higher because I get so many assholes trying to come in that when I get the timing down, Ill step to the right at the moment they are throwing the left and then zap in that right uppercut. If I get my points on that up, shit there will be no stopping me.

Yea thats the thing.
Games 8 years old but not dated at all.

Online, I only really lose if the guys stats are high up there.
For instance if you get a guy whos played 80 games, and has his right hand maxed out or damn near it.
Its like every time he touches you you are almost rocked because your chin hasnt developed yet.

Those guys I fuckin hate.
But they also cant fight for shit, so if you can avoid their power punch, after a few rounds you can tell they're lost out there and you start teeing off on them.

I like fighting boxer types because thats how I fight and it becomes a mental game of picking each other off and countering.
Pressure fighters or Brawlers can be the hardest or the easiest to fight.

If you get a real good brawler, its fuckin tough.
They are on you like glue and are nonstop working on your body.
But by mid rounds, if youve covered up right, let your hands go inbetween their combos, you can beat them and thats when you really start letting go.

My best asset is my timing. I get so good at knowing when they are gonna throw that I beat them to the punch.
I also got to get my uppercut stats higher because I get so many assholes trying to come in that when I get the timing down, Ill step to the right at the moment they are throwing the left and then zap in that right uppercut. If I get my points on that up, shit there will be no stopping me.

me and my kid put the damage settings low when we play so its a longer more technical fight loads of fun

Still play the hell out of it on ps3. Best boxing sim for me thus far. Rarely play online though. My connection up here isn't always reliable and laggy. Fucks up my timing. Really like that the licensed fighters can be customized to an extent and that you can upload or download created fighters on the servers. Was able to expand my fighter rosters (particularly heavyweight) with a decent collection of past champs.

Anyway.

Love the game tho.

You mean online right? Damm so if your fighting guys with 100 fights they must be way above you in power and everything else they get to level up, wouldn’t it be more fair if they pair you up with someone at your level or their just aren’t enough people playing?

Did they remake it for ps4?

You mean online right? Damm so if your fighting guys with 100 fights they must be way above you in power and everything else they get to level up, wouldn’t it be more fair if they pair you up with someone at your level or their just aren’t enough people playing?

Did they remake it for ps4?
Yea online world championships.
Yea, the thing is that, depending on what type of boxer you pick, like a counter puncher or boxer puncher or outside fighter or brawler....different styles start with different attributes that are better than others.
For instance if you pick a brawler your hooks and uppercuts are higher. Strength is higher but speed and stamina are lower, jab and straight are lower.
An outside fighter starts with better speed and stamina, good jabs and straight but hooks and uppercuts are low and your strength is a little lower.
Then you have blocking, head movement, chin, left hook to the head, left hook to the body. Right hook to the head, right upper cut to the head, etc.....

So you start out as a 78 or 79 overall. I started at 79 and now am up to 80. But the levels between those numbers are great.
Ill face a 79 overall that is like 8-5. Then Ill face a guy who is 81 overall that is 320-33-10. I dont fuckin get that.
Then Ill face a guy who is 82 overall, and he might be 45-10.
Its weird.

But, there isnt that many people playing so, I'll cherry pick and back out until I get a guy around my range so I dont get destroyed, so I can have a decent record by the time my stats get high.

Made my guy 6'4 229lbs 83in reach.
The max is 6'8 260lbs 88in reach, and yes people make those guys and its annoying.
The higher weight you got, the more power behind your punches.

Back