Fight Metric is misleading

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As far as i know, Fight Metric does not measure the power of a strike, or the damage it does, only volume

Since this is the only numbers being easily made available, people get wrapped up in them way too much.

If judges and decisions become too reliant on Fight Metric, we are going to end up with MMA becoming point karate, with a ton of pitty pat strikes being the norm to get the numbers up

true but Reyes landed the harder more effective strikes in the 1st 3 rounds anyways, from body to head. Leg kicks were close to a wash

Reyes 48-47

Only idiots try to use stats to judge a fight. It's honestly not even an indication of how a fight went, it doesn't show anything useful at all.

I also noticed it's mostly yankees who seem to care about stats because in their other sports they are also crazy about stats.

true but Reyes landed the harder more effective strikes in the 1st 3 rounds anyways, from body to head. Leg kicks were close to a wash

Reyes 48-47

He lost UNANIMOUSLY.

Deal with it LMAO.

Exactly, and they produce them so quickly how can they all be accurate?

it’s a useful tool to look at it

obviously the limitation is that it counts all strikes equally

the harder/most meaningful shots were landed by reyes in 1,2,3 and the also put stuck jones in quantity as well - hard to argue anything else but 48-47

Exactly, and they produce them so quickly how can they all be accurate?

It's literally a sherdogger being paid minimum wage pushing a button while watching the fight live.

You can't quantify damage

I totally agree with you, you're right. I remember in the Joshua and Ruiz fight Fightmetric had said Joshua landed more shots in the round that he got dropped twice, and blooded nose and was getting lit up badly and falling all over the place. So if you saw that stat and didn't watch that round you would be duped.

Cool stats to have access to, but ultimately it don't mean much, seeing as out striking someone doesn't mean you won, case in point....Jones vs Reyes.

Of course it is misleading, it says nothing about a fight, of just one small part of it.

it’s a useful tool to look at it

obviously the limitation is that it counts all strikes equally

the harder/most meaningful shots were landed by reyes in 1,2,3 and the also put stuck jones in quantity as well - hard to argue anything else but 48-47
My problem with Fightmetric is many people take it as gospel, thats the big issue.. I know people like you don't, because you are very knowledgeable about MMA, but many people take it as gospel and will scream and shout their point by using fightmetric, but it has so many flaws.

Reyes 48-47

Besides the flush head kick to Reyes face Jones landed and the jab that rocked Reyes.

...Jones 2,3,4,5
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back