Fight like a man -- Remember the stigma MMA used to have?

At 1:45

Mayweather - "We're gonna fight standing up, because real men fight standing up.... I'm not going to kick my shoes off, Im not be between no man's legs..."

I got into a fight in high school with a big, explosive individual. This was like 1994. In front of like 30 ppl. I had been in TKD for like 3 years at this point. I kicked said individual so fucking hard in his face. He dropped and everybody went nuts, roaring and shit. It was awesome. Nobody thought it was a bitch high kick. In fact i only ever got challenged 1 other time after that. And his friends explained to him i head kick mofos and he dropped the challenge. Good times man.

It's weird that Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee movies were popular in the 70s-90s and with people MacDonald and Lange's age . I know some of my friends got pissed off when one of their dads would see them watching one of those movies and say "A good boxer would wipe the floor with those guys". I didn't get that upset b/c I used to box--I liked other MAs too- but those guys did.

I know there was a belief too that any kind of combat sport or MA was a waste of time b/c the bigger guy always wins. I used to have to get in fights b/c people heard I boxed or did MA and I wasn't that big.

Back