Fight like a man -- Remember the stigma MMA used to have?

lol yep, it's funny what happens when your instinct takes over. For me I had done TKD for like 3 years and had been skateboarding for like 10, and doing hackey sack and all kinds of things like that, so my leg dexterity was really good. But truth be told I couldn't throw a good punch back then to save my life. I could freakin kick though, lol.

A fellow skateboarder too. Awesome.

images%20(1).jpeg

I guess this video kinda fits here. I'm sure some of you have seen it but if you haven't check it out. It's awesome and I've been looking for an appropriate place to post it.

Pretty gay that you know this, bro.

I never saw the show, I just remember reading about it on some mma site a few years ago and this thread reminded me of it, so I looked it up...yeah, that's it!

Last edited:
When I was in like 9th grade I got into a fight with an explosive classmate in gym class while playing basketball. I ended up kicking the dude in the head with a roundhouse. I had been in TKD at the time and I didn't plan on kicking him it just happened out of muscle memory I guess. It didn't hurt him at all but he just stopped and had this shocked look on his face. I did too. Then everybody watching started howling and laughing and shit. People thought I was some sort of 155 lb badass after that. I wasn't, but they thought I was and that's what counted. Me and dude ended up being friends after that, too. lol

Hate crime, reported.

I prefer to have a good ole' hockey fight.

Use your hands, don't be a bitch.

Pussy! You know you can't fuck with me with your hands only!

Throw kicks like a little bitch!

The first two times I got into a real fight I still didn't know what I was doing and people swore I knew MMA or if they were especially silly thought I knew Kung Fu or Karate. I posted the first story on here a couple times before and people liked it but fuck it, another short version. Needless to say, nobody called me a pussy and meant it after 8th grade. What some call cholos we call chongs, they hated & respected me.

There was this dude a year or two older than me, I was in 8th grade and all he cared about was boxing and his "gang" was supposedly a "Golden Gloves" champion. So after my group and his are all pissed at eachother after one of his homies pissed off my lil bro him and I went at it.

We talk shit at first and I'm not gonna pretend I was good at it, I told him at one point "I don't believe you, and regardless if you're Golden Gloves or not, I'm going to treat you like the pussy I think you are, I'm going to beat the living shit out of you and I don't even know how to fight."
He laughs and says "Alright, bitch." starts choking me, I choke him than he swings his free arm and I spin it (and inadvertently him) as I release his throat. I end up with him in a headlock and start swinging uppercuts than turn it into a Muay Thai Plum and unloading knees to his body and face without being able to identify it at the time as anything other than "That shit Goku did to Frieza on Dragon Ball Z." needless to say he's all fucked up. He gets up from the ground and takes his shirt off and takes awhile since he's all out of sorts and after that he taunts me and I throw a sloppy overhand right and he throws up. I then throw him into a bathroom stall without knowing that if his luck was even shittier he would've landed in what was pretty much a cess pool. I was way too hyped up and screamed at him "WHAT, BITCH?!?"

I walk off and the group of people watching part as I pas through and a good amount of his friends start consoling him. I even walk past security guards running to the restrooms the fight happened in.
The next day the guy looked like a bloody pulp of a hooker that pissed off her customers and pimp.

The 2nd fight was even shorter and with a friend of his. The guy swang right before I just finished taking off my sweater, I swayed back as my arms freed and swang back, two more swings he was on the ground, I ground and pound him with mostly hammer fists once he covers up to avoid the sloppy hooks and he eventually rolls over and I lay my back on his while trying to rip his leg off as I choke him with the other arm. Like when Scarface laid down with two women in each arm. He starts crying for me to let go saying "Ya! Ya! Ya!" which is Spanish for stop, and I did. There was two fights before mine and I was the only dominant force, so my friends that were guys were looking at me like a monster that either impressed or disgusted them and the chicks were the same but the girl who's boyfriend that was my homies lost was eyeing me like a piece of meat, lmao. The guy passed by me like 5 minutes after all marked up and limping badly and he says "Ay...Ay, you're a fuckin' good fighter, guey" guey is spelled like wei on the internet and is slang term for dude or guy.

That same girl that got hot for me after that fight had an apartment years later like a year or two before now where I saved her boyfriend at the times life. He was going to get stabbed by a former friend of his. I had that boy in a body lock that NOBODY could've gotten out of. This chick is always around when shit gets real, it's weird. She always hits on me but is always taken. Sorry bitch, I'm no Tim Sylvia, I don't want to taste any pee pee.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be here if I didn't like and respect MMA as a sport.

But on my playground, if you got into a fight, you boxed and kept it to boxing or you were a bitch.
Those where the rules everyone else tried playing by, bit ha if I saw an opening for sucker punt you just better believe I was sticking it to them.

As a wrestler, the boxing only sentiment in MMA never bothered me because I could see why some people would find it more entertaining, but the "fight like a man" was an odd way to put it.

It was always funny in high school to hear a guy's friends call somebody a pussy for slamming the shit out of the guy, as if there was some unwritten code of front yard altercations that excluded wrestling.

As a wrestler, the boxing only sentiment in MMA never bothered me because I could see why some people would find it more entertaining, but the "fight like a man" was an odd way to put it.

It was always funny in high school to hear a guy's friends call somebody a pussy for slamming the shit out of the guy, as if there was some unwritten code of front yard altercations that excluded wrestling.

finish-him-fat-boy-herman11.gif

You sound like a bunch of Fitch fans. Sometimes I still have to take a step back and wonder "Why the hell are these guys hugging each other? Can't they just bang like men, bro?"

I have a friend who's been coming to watch it with us now and then when we have a few people round... he still asks "which one is the gay one" at the tale of the tape... My bros friend. I want to kill the guy.
Tell him both.

The first two times I got into a real fight I still didn't know what I was doing and people swore I knew MMA or if they were especially silly thought I knew Kung Fu or Karate. I posted the first story on here a couple times before and people liked it but fuck it, another short version. Needless to say, nobody called me a pussy and meant it after 8th grade. What some call cholos we call chongs, they hated & respected me.

There was this dude a year or two older than me, I was in 8th grade and all he cared about was boxing and his "gang" was supposedly a "Golden Gloves" champion. So after my group and his are all pissed at eachother after one of his homies pissed off my lil bro him and I went at it.

We talk shit at first and I'm not gonna pretend I was good at it, I told him at one point "I don't believe you, and regardless if you're Golden Gloves or not, I'm going to treat you like the pussy I think you are, I'm going to beat the living shit out of you and I don't even know how to fight."
He laughs and says "Alright, bitch." starts choking me, I choke him than he swings his free arm and I spin it (and inadvertently him) as I release his throat. I end up with him in a headlock and start swinging uppercuts than turn it into a Muay Thai Plum and unloading knees to his body and face without being able to identify it at the time as anything other than "That shit Goku did to Frieza on Dragon Ball Z." needless to say he's all fucked up. He gets up from the ground and takes his shirt off and takes awhile since he's all out of sorts and after that he taunts me and I throw a sloppy overhand right and he throws up. I then throw him into a bathroom stall without knowing that if his luck was even shittier he would've landed in what was pretty much a cess pool. I was way too hyped up and screamed at him "WHAT, BITCH?!?"

I walk off and the group of people watching part as I pas through and a good amount of his friends start consoling him. I even walk past security guards running to the restrooms the fight happened in.
The next day the guy looked like a bloody pulp of a hooker that pissed off her customers and pimp.

The 2nd fight was even shorter and with a friend of his. The guy swang right before I just finished taking off my sweater, I swayed back as my arms freed and swang back, two more swings he was on the ground, I ground and pound him with mostly hammer fists once he covers up to avoid the sloppy hooks and he eventually rolls over and I lay my back on his while trying to rip his leg off as I choke him with the other arm. Like when Scarface laid down with two women in each arm. He starts crying for me to let go saying "Ya! Ya! Ya!" which is Spanish for stop, and I did. There was two fights before mine and I was the only dominant force, so my friends that were guys were looking at me like a monster that either impressed or disgusted them and the chicks were the same but the girl who's boyfriend that was my homies lost was eyeing me like a piece of meat, lmao. The guy passed by me like 5 minutes after all marked up and limping badly and he says "Ay...Ay, you're a fuckin' good fighter, guey" guey is spelled like wei on the internet and is slang term for dude or guy.

That same girl that got hot for me after that fight had an apartment years later like a year or two before now where I saved her boyfriend at the times life. He was going to get stabbed by a former friend of his. I had that boy in a body lock that NOBODY could've gotten out of. This chick is always around when shit gets real, it's weird. She always hits on me but is always taken. Sorry bitch, I'm no Tim Sylvia, I don't want to taste any pee pee.
Damn man, those are some good fight stories.

Look at it this way, when you're in bed do you just wanna hug the whole time or do you wanna bang?

Guys should just bang each other in the cage, its way more manlier.

Look at it this way, when you're in bed do you just wanna hug the whole time or do you wanna bang?

Guys should just bang each other in the cage, its way more manlier.

Good point. It's not the ultimate friendzone championship.

I feel like the stigma is making a comeback, and Dana is leading the charge on trying to make grappling seem like a cowardly approach to combat.

Boxing would be a 12-round hug if it were up to the fighters. They need a ref to break those lovebirds apart.

Back