Fight Dentist vs. Wal-Mart Boil & Bite

ThirteenTwo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How much different is the cheap boil and bite mouth guards from wal-mart (I think it may have been a shock doctor) and the one's from Fight Dentist? The wal-mart one was uncomfortable/felt small while I was biting in.

Are all boil & bite's the same?

Great questions....
We offer a high quality boil and bite mouth guard. The Fightdentist Boil and Bite is made from the same polyshock material we make our custom guards from. There is no artwork or graphic on that guard. Our other boil and bites that have custom graphics are also made from the high quality material that we make our customs with.

We know that if you have to do the fitting process correctly. This is key with any boil and bite. Doing the fitting process incorrectly starts a process where customers will try to "re-boil" the mouth guard and "re-fit" the guard. Once this is done it great reduces the integrity of the boil and bite guard.

We have been told that clients that have used our boil and bites, that have correctly done the fitting process, claim that our boil and bites feel like a "custom" guard that did not cost too much money.

We feel that nothing is better than a custom but fully understand that finances is always an issue..so our goal was to make a high quality boil and bite

I hope this helps.....if you have any further questions please ask!

Thanks

Adam
Dr Adam Persky
Fightdentist.com

Great questions....
We offer a high quality boil and bite mouth guard. The Fightdentist Boil and Bite is made from the same polyshock material we make our custom guards from. There is no artwork or graphic on that guard. Our other boil and bites that have custom graphics are also made from the high quality material that we make our customs with.

We know that if you have to do the fitting process correctly. This is key with any boil and bite. Doing the fitting process incorrectly starts a process where customers will try to "re-boil" the mouth guard and "re-fit" the guard. Once this is done it great reduces the integrity of the boil and bite guard.

We have been told that clients that have used our boil and bites, that have correctly done the fitting process, claim that our boil and bites feel like a "custom" guard that did not cost too much money.

We feel that nothing is better than a custom but fully understand that finances is always an issue..so our goal was to make a high quality boil and bite

I hope this helps.....if you have any further questions please ask!

Thanks

Adam
Dr Adam Persky
Fightdentist.com

I tried 2 months ago. They both felt too narrow for my mouth. Before I boiled it (and of course after) I couldn't seem to get it to fit right. I tried an everlast and one other (possibly a shock doctor, threw it away because it just didn't feel right).

I guess what I'm asking is do all boil and bites basically start out the same (narrow/etc.) and you have to fix it from there or do different brands (looking at fightdentist at the moment) come differently?

Fightdentist is shady. I recommend you use your money to support another company...

the boil and bite from walmart (green and black) works fine for the first 3 uses, then turns very soft and slips off your teeth easy so you have to keep tension on your jaw at all times. the customs snap in and you can completely relax and the guard will stay on your teeth. if u have the $ then go for the custom, if not then go with the boil and bite, but get it from fight dentist or one of the other mouth guard sponsors on this forum.

To the member who made the claim that
"Fightdentist is Shady"...I believe your online name is loyal2thegame.

I don't appreciate this comment as are making a very strong comment and in this day of social networking and communication it now can be categorized as "internet Libel" and you can be prosecuted for this.

I always post my full name, I am licensed Dentist, I provide many mouth guards to athletes of many sports, ages, and levels of experience.

The topic was on how good was our boil and bite vs a store bought one. No one asked about anything else.

We do our best to provide a high quality product, do our best to provide customer service, occasionally have delays due to suppliers but we are 100% honest.

Dr Adam Persky
Fightdentist.com

To the member who made the claim that
"Fightdentist is Shady"...I believe your online name is loyal2thegame.

I don't appreciate this comment as are making a very strong comment and in this day of social networking and communication it now can be categorized as "internet Libel" and you can be prosecuted for this.

I always post my full name, I am licensed Dentist, I provide many mouth guards to athletes of many sports, ages, and levels of experience.

The topic was on how good was our boil and bite vs a store bought one. No one asked about anything else.

We do our best to provide a high quality product, do our best to provide customer service, occasionally have delays due to suppliers but we are 100% honest.

Dr Adam Persky
Fightdentist.com

First, "Dr" Persky, before you start threatening people, learn the difference between getting prosecuted (a criminal case) and getting sued (a civil case). Last I heard, no one is getting "prosecuted" for "internet libel." You can be sued for libel, but not prosecuted. Nice try though.

Secondly, in order to win an "internet libel" claim, your company would have to prove 1) that the statement "Fightdentist is shady" is false, and 2) that the false statement injured your company. Good luck proving that.

Lastly, your ignorant and threatening comments are actually hurting the image of Fight Dentist. And please, stop referring to yourself as a Doctor. You're a dentist, bro, not a doctor.

^I think the last remark was weak bro, as anyone with a ph.d is basically a doc, and every single one of my dentists I've ever had were called Dr.something

I use the D.D.S. abbreviation and call my dentist Dee-Dee-Socktor Hoffman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back