Elections ***Fifth Democratic Primary Debate play-by-play thread***

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fifth Democratic Primary Debate

The fifth Democratic Primary Debate will feature 10 candidates. It is hosted by MSNBC and The Washington Post.

November 20, 2019
Time:
9-11 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT)

How to Watch:
Livestreaming on: msnbc.com/, washingtonpost.com

One Night Only:
Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker, Andrew Yang, Amy Klobuchar, Tulsi Gabbard, Tom Steyer.

Moderators
: MSNBC anchors Rachel Maddow and Andrea Mitchell, NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker, and Washington Post White House reporter Ashley Parker.

Qualifications: At least 165,000 individual donors, including 600 individual donors from 20 states, and 3 percent in the polls in four Democratic National Committee (DNC) approved surveys, or 5 percent in two DNC approved polls from the four earliest primary and caucus states — Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.

Latest RCP top-line average (11/11-11/19):

Biden: 30.7%
Warren: 18.0%
Sanders: 16.7%
Buttigieg: 8.0%
Harris: 4.3%
Yang: 2.3%
Gabbard: 2.0%
Klobuchar: 1.7%
Booker: 1.3%
Steyer: 1.0%

Get Steyer, Yang, and Gabbard the fuck off the stage.

I'll be missing out on this one due to work, but it sounds like it should be fun. Ten candidates is still too many imo.

Despite the rumors, Biden is still handily leading the race. Buttigieg is the only one who is really on the move, and he's still quite far back.

Hell, Klobuchar and Booker as well. They're done.

I'll be missing out on this one due to work, but it sounds like it should be fun. Ten candidates is still too many imo.

Despite the rumors, Biden is still handily leading the race. Buttigieg is the only one who is really on the move, and he's still quite far back.

The more the merrier. They should have even more up on that stage. And yes, Biden is the nominee so it makes sense he would still be leading.

Latest RCP top-line average (11/11-11/19):

Biden: 30.7%
Warren: 18.0%
Sanders: 16.7%
Buttigieg: 8.0%
Harris: 4.3%
Yang: 2.3%
Gabbard: 2.0%
Klobuchar: 1.7%
Booker: 1.3%
Steyer: 1.0%

I feel like no one in real life ever talks about Biden. It's usually Warren, Sanders, hell even Pete. Yet he's always dominating these polls. I'll never understand.

I feel like no one in real life ever talks about Biden. It's usually Warren, Sanders, hell even Pete. Yet he's always dominating these polls. I'll never understand.

Old people, dude. They don't talk about it or reason through their thinking. They just consistently vote for the worst fucking possible choice and go on with their day.

Old people, dude. They don't talk about it or reason through their thinking. They just consistently vote for the worst fucking possible choice and go on with their day.

LOL!!!!!! I'll accept this explanation.

Yeah, it's pretty much that old people vote. Middle aged people sometimes vote, but not so reliably. Younger people just don't vote. And it's the middle aged and younger people who we hear talking politics.

Instead of "okay boomer" it should be "yes boomer I willingly do your bidding because I'm lazy"

Watching a bunch of rich Democrats talking about how they can relate to poor people and minorities. The cringe.

Watching a bunch of rich Democrats talking about how they can relate to poor people and minorities. The cringe.

Honestly, I just tune in for the laugh. Check it out, they have not disappointed this year at all. While I'm drinking, it's funny to watch Kamala be drunk on stage too.

OH yeeeeeah, my 6th grade students in Poland are gonna get a super fun class tomorrow. Woohoo!

Yeah, it's pretty much that old people vote. Middle aged people sometimes vote, but not so reliably. Younger people just don't vote. And it's the middle aged and younger people who we hear talking politics.

Instead of "okay boomer" it should be "yes boomer I willingly do your bidding because I'm lazy"

Well, I don't think that's a sufficient explanation.

The young people you hear talking politics do vote, but they are the exceptionally civically engaged 30% of their generation that vote out of that civic engagement. By the time a generation reaches retiree status, 70% of them vote, but that addition 40% does so mostly because they have nothing better to do than stew over gays and Muslims. A generation is always further left when it's the valedictorians and student body presidents voting.

Get Steyer, Yang, and Gabbard the fuck off the stage.

tulsi was the only person in the DNC with honor enough to quit the DNC after it stole the nomination from sanders.

let’s not forget that. After she was fast tracked to be the new darling of the DNC.

Honor.

Last edited:
Hell, Klobuchar and Booker as well. They're done.

Two of the best candidates, though, and they'd both be good VP picks for the right president. Surprised that Klobuchar hasn't tried to take aim at Biden, as I'd think she could take some of his support, plus he's someone who probably wouldn't be interested in her as a VP anyway.

Back