FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Thread v2: Group Stage Upsets Edition

Who wins on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
England confirmed can crushers. But whenever they meet a little bit of resistance (the US) they get all timid.

Based @LEWIS540 called it, England will wreck weak teams but fold against the first good team they face.

Hot take: Senegal will pull the upset and eliminate England on Saturday.

On paper England should crush the USA, let's be real. In terms of English football, it's about the equivalent of, say, Spurs vs Bournemouth.

Team has decent potential to cause an upset against anyone, but think Southgate is the weak link. Would not be shocked to see him go to back 5, bring in Phillips for Bellingham, recall Sterling etc etc.

Probably scrape past Senegal, then lose 2-0 to France who barely get out of second gear.

etanaj%C3%A4b%C3%A4-moi.gif

On paper England should crush the USA, let's be real. In terms of English football, it's about the equivalent of, say, Spurs vs Bournemouth.

Team has decent potential to cause an upset against anyone, but think Southgate is the weak link. Would not be shocked to see him go to back 5, bring in Phillips for Bellingham, recall Sterling etc etc.

Probably scrape past Senegal, then lose 2-0 to France who barely get out of second gear.

England will lose to Senegal in penalties

Right, need to take my licks here. Fairplay to the USA. Beat a solid Iran team. I was super confident Iran would win. Hands up, mugged myself off.

Wales were atrocious. 64 years we've waited for this......and we didn't even turn up. Didn't even 'give it a go'. Unforgivable.

Page out. I want a foreign manager with fresh ideas and modern football.

Bale&Ramsay out. Thanks for the incredible memories boys but you're past it.

Play kids. Forget euro 2024. We ain't qualifying.

Blood kids and get them accustomed

World Cup 2026 is the realistic target now

Amazing to see my country in a World Cup. Sooooo disappointed to see them not turn up. Deflating isn't the word.

Congrats to England and the States for qualifying. Deserving both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back