Fertittas crack Forbes 400 Richest Americans

I don't have a problem with fighter pay, these fighters sign a contract for what they're willing to fight for. I do have a problem with Lorenzo saying that the UFC pays out a percentage of revenue close to that of the NFL and NBA when in reality it's nowhere close to that amount.

nowhere else in the world do people care more about what somebody else is making then on sherdog...

ofc not, thats retarded. but funny that you mention it, because when the ufc started, the fertittas were already billionaires. no one complained then about fighter pay then, you know why? because they were losing money! the complaining about fighter pay started when the ufc made huge money, ppv wise surpassed boxing, huge sponsorship deals etc. and still people were basically losing money fighting in the ufc.

ufc = huge income, to little % goes to the fighters, thats the problem real fight fans have.

another "funny" thing tho, the ufc used "your" statement as "reasoning". saying viacom has billions and billions of dollars ready to spend, completely ignoring the fact bellator's income still sucks and is no where near what the ufc makes.
the reason why bellator is paying what the paying, their revenue is way to low (and maybe they lose money, we can only speculate here), while the ufc making HUGE revenues (ppv, fox deal, tv deals world wide, sponsoring to the ufc, sponsoring fee to take away of the already under payed fighters, dvd, internet, memberships etc.) and also huge profits.

conclusion:
the owners being rich or not, doesnt reflect on the fighter pay in sports, unless the owners are fans of the sport.
but once the income becomes really big, and the % stays low (or gets even lower), real fans who care about the athletes have a problem with it and rightfully point that out.

so youre not a real fight fan if you dont give a shit about another personal business?
okie dokie artichokie

ofc not, thats retarded. but funny that you mention it, because when the ufc started, the fertittas were already billionaires. no one complained then about fighter pay then, you know why? because they were losing money! the complaining about fighter pay started when the ufc made huge money, ppv wise surpassed boxing, huge sponsorship deals etc. and still people were basically losing money fighting in the ufc.

ufc = huge income, to little % goes to the fighters, thats the problem real fight fans have.another "funny" thing tho, the ufc used "your" statement as "reasoning". saying viacom has billions and billions of dollars ready to spend, completely ignoring the fact bellator's income still sucks and is no where near what the ufc makes.
the reason why bellator is paying what the paying, their revenue is way to low (and maybe they lose money, we can only speculate here), while the ufc making HUGE revenues (ppv, fox deal, tv deals world wide, sponsoring to the ufc, sponsoring fee to take away of the already under payed fighters, dvd, internet, memberships etc.) and also huge profits.

conclusion:
the owners being rich or not, doesnt reflect on the fighter pay in sports, unless the owners are fans of the sport.
but once the income becomes really big, and the % stays low (or gets even lower), real fans who care about the athletes have a problem with it and rightfully point that out.

Shut up

Sherdog financial experts arguing about fighter pay while they scrapping up $8.75hr and late on rent.

One's income doesn't limit the subjects he's "allowed" to talk about.

29zzjaf.jpg

First do you lift dude! :)

Another they are at about the same level that they were at last year and likely the year before that one. They stay around 1.3 to 1.4 billion year after year. Bill Gates laugh at their net worth his net worth increased like 18 percent last two years. He went from 52 billion to 68 billion.

I don't have a problem with fighter pay, these fighters sign a contract for what they're willing to fight for. I do have a problem with Lorenzo saying that the UFC pays out a percentage of revenue close to that of the NFL and NBA when in reality it's nowhere close to that amount.

Do you know how much the NFL makes?

There are rich guys who own sports teams (Paul Allen, Mark Cuban) and guys who got rich by owning sports teams. The big difference is that the first category of rich guys give their franchises plenty of resources to win, even if it doesn't drive immediately profitability. I suspect vanity plays a part, but either way the resources help.

I think the Fertittas fall somewhere in between, leaning toward the latter category. This probably makes sense given how different the UFC is from something like NBA or NFL. They've shown a willingness to spend when it makes for a better product, but they also deal with lots of problems that money can't fix easily.

Bonus money is a great example of how the Fertittas fit both categories - it improves the product because it gives fighters a great incentive to put on a good show. It also makes them look good.

awesome. So what's the point?

since they're worth a billion each does that mean the minimum UFC fighters pay should be a million a fight, even for low tier fighters???

I just know that since they're successful, somehow this will result in hate from casual trailer park MMA fans

Trailer park fans? I bet you hated the Occupy Wall Street Movement didn't you? I despise economic oligarchy.

According to Shermath, if they are both worth 1.3 b each then Connor McGregor should get paid 758 million for his next fight.

Back