Fertitta confirms negotiations underway with Cris Cyborg

Now that's better. Ronda was given the strap.

Cyborg actually won the strap in Strikeforce. Weak ass Strikeforce was scooped up by the UFC.

Ronda was given the strap just like Aldo was given his, plus cyborg won the title via PEDs

Once again it comes down to Cyborg, not RRR. If Cyborg wants to fight her she'll make weight. She wont though, and it'll be all for not once again. It's not RRR not getting this fight. They were already supposed to fight, and someone got popped. Guess who it was? Now, all she has to do is make weight......which she continues to not be able to do. Yet somehow RRR is ducking someone who time and time again cvan't even make the weight she apparently is supposed to fight in.

If Ronda really wanted to fight Cyborg - it would have happened by now.

She's been running for the best part of 5 years after calling her out since 2010.

But now Ronda has improved so much and actually has a strong chance of doing very well against Cyborg.

You would think that as cyborg the logic becomes "I can cut down to 135 2 times and make the most money in my career" but who knows.

Guess she would have to go down to 135

Cyborg hasn't even competed in MMA in like 2 years, Ronda keeps getting better and better. I think Ronda wins pretty easily tbh

Depends upon what weight class they fight at an the guaranteed money Cyborg gets from such a fight. Which will translate into how much money she puts into a training camp.

Its gotten to the point that Ronda has no more competition or fighters they can sell on challenging her. Gina didnt accept a contract. They have a better chance at Cyborg for her main income is associated with fighting unlike Gina today.

Considering Cyborg hasnt fought in MMA in nearly two years. This fight should of happened in mid or late 2013. Not in 2015. Wouldnt be surprised if they try signing Coenen after the negotiations fail with Cyborg. They need named loses on Rondas record.

Yay! :D

Hopefully negotiations will be successful this time!

I thought she gave up on 135?

That means there is no weight division in the UFC that suits her so why are they talking. Unless she wants the winner of McGregor/Aldo

They're trying to come to an agreement? Finalizations in the contract like Cyborg isn't allowed to throw strikes against rhonda? :icon_chee

They're trying to come to an agreement? Finalizations in the contract like Cyborg isn't allowed to throw strikes against rhonda? :icon_chee

No, from what I've heard most of the negotiations just consist of Fertitta teaching Cyborg how to eat salad.

Why do they keep wasting their time? Shes to afraid of getting stomped by Ronda. They should just tell her to kick rocks.

What's the consequence if she doesn't ? She just keeps fighting major fights while no one gives a shit about Cyborg? I don't know that she HAS to.

You are right. No one has to do anything. But history will remember she never fought Cyborg. Unless some other stellar comp arises. Similar to how ppl still say Fedor never fought in the UFC. Til she beats Cyborg she hasn't beaten everyone.

Hope we get to see Zingano vs Cyborg as well, would be a hell of a fight

If Ray Robinson was still alive he would look at ronda and say "the girl doesn't want to fight (Cyborg.) Robinson fought Jake Lamotta for the middleweight title, Robinson weighed a few pounds under the 147 pound welterweight limit and LaMotta came in at the 160 pound middleweight limit. Ray gave away 16 pounds.

ronda walks around at 150 pounds but refuses to fight Cyborg at 140 pounds - even though she competed at Judo at a younger age at 154 pounds. Felice might as well call Cyborg out or ronda for that matter. Felice calls out ronda to fight at 115. Aldo calls out Jon Jones at 145.

What you seem to either ignore, don't care about or don't want to know about is that:1) Ronda was going to fight cyROID @ 145 in SF but the cheater got caught cheating 2) Robinson fought Lamotta for Lamotta's Title, what Title is Ronda going to fight cyROID for @ 145? Invicta? LOL

Robinson would actually lay the blame where it belongs, on Justino and Justino alone. You need a history lesson: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Just dont send Dana and she will probably be signed. Lorenzo seems like a man who can get things done.

Back