Fertitta confirms negotiations underway with Cris Cyborg

If Cyborg could make 135 comfortably she would have already. This fight is not going to happen unless the UFC is willing to compromise on a catch-weight. This is without a doubt the best WMMA fight to make, but it seems only Cyborg fans want to see it.

They just want to sign her to keep her away from Bellator whether she can make 135 or not

They are not going to create an entire division to keep someone who hasn't fought on tv in four years from fighting marloes connen (a 135er) for a 3rd time.

please make her fight honda

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

If Ray Robinson was still alive he would look at ronda and say "the girl doesn't want to fight (Cyborg.) Robinson fought Jake Lamotta for the middleweight title, Robinson weighed a few pounds under the 147 pound welterweight limit and LaMotta came in at the 160 pound middleweight limit. Ray gave away 16 pounds.

ronda walks around at 150 pounds but refuses to fight Cyborg at 140 pounds - even though she competed at Judo at a younger age at 154 pounds. Felice might as well call Cyborg out or ronda for that matter. Felice calls out ronda to fight at 115. Aldo calls out Jon Jones at 145.

When Dana wants to make that PPV $$$ he'll make Ronda go up 10lbs :icon_chee

If Ray Robinson was still alive he would look at ronda and say "the girl doesn't want to fight (Cyborg.) Robinson fought Jake Lamotta for the middleweight title, Robinson weighed a few pounds under the 147 pound welterweight limit and LaMotta came in at the 160 pound middleweight limit. Ray gave away 16 pounds.

ronda walks around at 150 pounds but refuses to fight Cyborg at 140 pounds - even though she competed at Judo at a younger age at 154 pounds. Felice might as well call Cyborg out or ronda for that matter. Felice calls out ronda to fight at 115. Aldo calls out Jon Jones at 145.

Jake Lamatta didn't have to take kickboxing fights in malls because no one would book him.

I think Holly Holm has a good chance to dethrone Ronda if she can work on her ground game and keep the fight standing. She's got the looks (better than Ronda), package and all to be the next female MMA star.

Let her prove she's even a top 10 BW first. She might not get past Pennington.

Ronda HAS to fight her. Idc wat weight. 140? Who cares. If Ronda really believes she's the best and wants to prove it, she should be pushing the UFC to sign her hard!

Also wish Marloes could get the opprutinity to fight in the UFC somehow. I'd like to see her v McMann

They need all that money cyborg is raking in on ppv

yep, theyll make just as much if she gets down to 135...it's more about how much they hype it, without that cyborg aint gonna bring in shit in her first ufc fight regardless.

Ronda HAS to fight her. Idc wat weight. 140? Who cares. If Ronda really believes she's the best and wants to prove it, she should be pushing the UFC to sign her hard!

Also wish Marloes could get the opprutinity to fight in the UFC somehow. I'd like to see her v McMann

What's the consequence if she doesn't ? She just keeps fighting major fights while no one gives a shit about Cyborg? I don't know that she HAS to.

Ronda must be scared.Her reign will soon come to an end. At last the women division will have quality competition and not top 20 fighters.

What's she scared of? She has everything while cyborg was forced to take kickboxing bouts in Vegas shopping centers. One has everything and one is bitter and can only stay relevant talking about the other.

Are you being deliberately dense for comedic effect?

Only thing that stops this fight is the possibility of Cyborg winning. If that happens then they can't do anything other than rematch Ronda. Cyborg isn't cutting to 135 lbs., and if she somehow does, it won't last long. Ronda would be done for and Cyborg will have to go away since 145 lbs. is the shittiest division in the history of the sport and there's no way the UFC will implement that division permanently.

Rousey doesn't have to prove shit. She's already the undisputed champion and the best women to ever stand in the octagon. If anyone HAS to do anything, it's Cris Cyborg. She's the one whos fought cans and been champion in BS organizations while being juiced.

Would bang though.

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Uh, I think you inadvertently answered my question - there's nothing deliberate about your denseness. Literally not a single one of those 'replies' responds to a single fucking thing that the person you quoted said.

As a major ppv attraction, you can't be scared of someone with zero bargaining power to the point where even people that operate in dark gyms in front of 500 people don't care to book you.

What do they have to be scared about? If they don't do it...cyborg continues not to matter while rr does.

They are not going to create an entire division to keep someone who hasn't fought on tv in four years from fighting marloes connen (a 135er) for a 3rd time.

Cyborg is the second biggest name in womens MMA.. signing her, whether its for a one fight deal vs. Ronda at 140, to create a 145 divison based around her, or whatever the reason is makes a lot more sense then signing CM Punk, James Toney or even the recent signing of (even though I love him) Cro Cop.

Cyborg in a 145 division with a bunch of cans, wouldn't be much different than Ronda in 135 with all the 135 roster.

i always thought they send in a fertitta when dana's childish foolishness runs its course and proves ineffective.

As regards Cris Cyborg and her relationship with the UFC, what in particular do you ascribe to the foolishness and/or childishness of Dana White?

Back