News Ferreira missed the lightweight limit by 4.5 pounds: fight with Gillespie still on

This shit is getting really out of hand. It's time to really start pushing for new regulations in regards to weight misses. The penalties just are not stiff enough, and this shit happens waaay to often.

I like the loss of a point in the first round
Yeah that could be entertained. Something to dissuade it. But even then if they're confident they can finish with the less cut it might not even matter. I was thinking something like if you miss weight, you take your next fight at the weight class above no questions asked or risk getting cut. That way even if they do win their fight while missing weight it dosen't really give them any divisional momentum as they now have to go up in weight next fight and potentially face a way bigger more dangerous opponent to derail that momentum.

I'm surprised. Ferreira seems more professional than that.

Yeah that could be entertained. Something to dissuade it. But even then if they're confident they can finish with the less cut it might not even matter. I was thinking something like if you miss weight, you take your next fight at the weight class above no questions asked or risk getting cut. That way even if they do win their fight while missing weight it dosen't really give them any divisional momentum as they now have to go up in weight next fight and potentially face a way bigger more dangerous opponent to derail that momentum.
Muhahahaha, nice fairy tale.

I'm a big CDF fan, and that is disappointing. I'm glad Gregor is still gonna take the fight. He certainly doesn't have to.

Well this is rather unwelcome.

Ferreira is part of my treble, and missing weight is a real pet peeve of mine, totally agree with @Substance Abuse , props to Gregor for pursuing with the fight.

This tells us that Gillespie is super confident, and that training or preparation or both has potentially gone badly for Carlos. I’m wondering if I should look at voiding him from the bet or just to stick with it..

I'm a big CDF fan, and that is disappointing. I'm glad Gregor is still gonna take the fight. He certainly doesn't have to.

Yeah. I'm still rooting for Ferreira, but this really sours it even if he wins. 4.5lbs is a lot.

Back