Fernando Montiel Vs. Luis Maldonado?

naner12

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened with this fight. It was on BoxRec up until yesterday not it's not even showing pending results. Anyone have info on what happened?

It's a bad news fight for Maldonado. Montiel's a beast and Maldonado got starched by Donaire most recently.

Leave the KO Cutie alone.

Hope Montiel gets a shot at the winner of Munoz/Mijares fight. And I can always watch Vic DarNONchinyan (I made funny) get destroyed over and over again. Montiel would run circles around him and drop the gauntlet on his ass.

Nochinyan and Darchinless are better funnies.

What's going to be interesting is if Donaire moves up. That'd be a pretty deep little division of he does.

I'd love to see Montiel vs, the Mijares/Munoz winner. War Lighter Weight Fighters!

Darchinyan is a better fighter than Munoz and anyway, he bashed the crap out of Maldonado in more impressive fashion than Donaire did.

Boxing fans are so weak, sometimes.

True. I just want to see the best fight the best is all.

I think we all want that. I just can't believe that fans can wish to see LESS of a guy like Darchinyan, who has given you guys a bunch of exciting fights. Name one that wasn't good? He comes to throw the bombs and he isn't afraid of getting hit back. The sport needs guys like him on our TV screens as much as possible.

And anyway, he's lost ONE FIGHT and people wanna write the guy off? Sheesh.

Yeah, there aren't many unbeaten boxers left that truly worth their salt. A guy like him shouldn't be written off after one loss.

I think we all want that. I just can't believe that fans can wish to see LESS of a guy like Darchinyan, who has given you guys a bunch of exciting fights. Name one that wasn't good? He comes to throw the bombs and he isn't afraid of getting hit back. The sport needs guys like him on our TV screens as much as possible.

And anyway, he's lost ONE FIGHT and people wanna write the guy off? Sheesh.

Where are you seeing that people want to write him off or see less of him? All I see is making fun of him for having a Zab Judah-esque moment in the ring. I don't care how good or exciting he is, that was funny. Would I like to see it happen again, OR see him break someone else's jaw or put someone else in a coma? Absolutely.

Liu, the reaction acros internetdom was that Nochyinan now sucks and thank god his arrogant ass got beaten, now he can go away like Hamed and blah blah blah.

Like Hamed, Darhcinyan was fucking awesome and brought the asses to the seats. Like Hamed, Darchinyan is completely misunderstood and as a consequence, ripped off by the masses in terms of recognition.

Oh okay, I thought you meant particularly in this thread. I barely acknowledge internet consensus enough to dismiss it.

Vic has no chin now? Jesus, Donaire hit him with an absolute bomb. If you want to rip on Darchynian for anything, I'd point out that he is very hittable. I think he takes a pretty good shot though.

I don't think Zab had ever been hurt bad before that shot from Kostya either.

I may be wrong, but he'd been floored or rocked a couple times before that, and has been a few times since. Thats enough for me to say Judah has a shaky chin.

the jury is still out on Vic IMO. I don't really like the guy though, so here's hoping his chin is shit and he gets KTFO a couple more times.

I don't think it was just that Vic was KO'd, it was the fish-flop into the ropes coupled with him not even knowing what had happened at all. It was a good left-hook, but Donaire's not exactly a 1-punch killer. It was timed perfectly and hit the button perfectly, and Donaire was the first to significantly get to Vic's chin in that sense. Now that it'll be a definitive target and others will think all they have to do is hold up to his power and hit him back, we'll see.

The jury is indeed still out, the poking fun is just the residue of such a dramatic knockout by a guy who was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb.

But we all do agree Montiel hands Vic Dar his ass, right? Vic is not long enough to keep Montiel at bay like Jhonny nor is he sharp enough in the technical skill department like Too Sharp.

Back