Media Fernand Lopez Details Total Collapse Of Relationship With Francis Ngannou

Cliffs:

He gave francis a game plan that francis wouldn’t employ in the gym. Francis told him he believes in his instincts and power and that he would knock stipe out in one punch eventually.

He also wanted francis to stand up for him post fight and say that he didn’t follow the game plan and let his coaches down

Yeah. Sounds like wolf tickets to me.

Hopefully Francis seeks Guru Fabias tutelage for his upcoming fight with Stipe.
Would be good if that lill freak brought a knife to chase Nagano and got his head instantly removed.

Lol, this is not what Fernand Lopez said.

Basically, Fernand's game plan for the Francis-Stipe fight was for Francis to use his footwork to keep his distance from Stipe in order to avoid being taken down and to have many opportunities to hit Stipe throughout the fight. Fernand also spent 90% of the training camp improving Francis' wrestling in case Francis needed to eventually grapple with Stipe.

However, Francis had become arrogant, over-confident, and uncoachable and refused to follow Fernand's game plan. Instead, Francis believed that he could simply bum-rush Stipe and knock him out with one punch. Fernand tried to warn Francis that that was a stupid game plan because Stipe is a former Golden Glove boxing champion, would likely be able to avoid the quick knock-out, and would then take advantage of Francis' careless head-hunting strategy to take him down, but Francis refused to listen.

After Francis lost to Stipe as predicted, Fernand expected Francis to publicly apologize to his coaches for not following their game plan, so that they wouldn't seem like terrible coaches and be blamed for the loss, but Francis never did. Francis basically let the public believe that his coaches were the ones responsible for his terrible game plan and performance.

Fernand also explained that the towel he draped on Francis in between rounds was an ice-cold towel. Fernand explained that using an ice-cold towel is an even better method for cooling off fighters than using a bag of ice, which is what most other coaches use. However, a lot of people incorrectly assumed that the towel that Fernand draped on Francis was a normal one and therefore criticized Fernand for not cooling Francis down in between rounds. Again, Fernand expected Francis to explain to the public that the towel was ice-cold and designed for maximal cooling, so that Fernand wouldn't seem like a terrible coach and be blamed for Francis' poor physical performance, but Francis never did.

Lastly, Fernand pointed out that after Francis made it to the UFC, he has never publicly thanked his gym or coaches for their contribution to his success, despite the fact that Fernand helped Francis go from literally being homeless to being one of the best fighters in the world. For all of the reasons above (and for many other reasons that he hinted at, but decided not to share), he believes that Francis is not a good person and that eventually people will find out how bad of a person he is.
Srsly, Francis is a bad human being pretending to be a good man.
He talked shit on Stipe, saying things like "I'll knock his head off" kind of things.
He got wrecked.
Then he said
"Stipe couldn't finish me so he is weak lol I gassed hard but he couldn't finish lololol"

After Stipe he fought BB and lost badly.
He never praised BB but he said this : "It wasn't about BB, I got PTSD from Stipe so I couldn't even fight."

Every time he loses, he becomes the most sour loser.
Many people do not know this because he has only lost twice. Well good for him.
And that vicious pounding after knocking out cold... lol he completely sent Overeem to another dimension, and he is aware of his own power, then why even pound on a downed opponent? Did Overeem talked shit on Ngano? No.
He is just an asshole.

Some coaches are sensitives pussies.

He didn't follow my perfect gamplan he has to appologise.
I just don't think Francis could win against Stipe in the first fight at least not realiably with his skill set at the time.

So basically Ngannou threw out the entire game plan because Ngannou trusted in his instincts and his ability knock a person out with 1 punch.

i believe Fernand. Ngannou fights instinctually and he hasn't change. his most technical fight was vs Arlovski, i've said it in many threads, where he was patient and set Arlovski up with feints, good distance control, and pressure with his footwork. he's never looked as good as that.
I think his best performance was vs JDS.
Simple game plan, perfectly executed:
1)cripple his movement with leg kicks
2) press him against the cage and only then throw bombs when he is there.
3) set him up with jabs and wait to counter the big overhand he always throw.

He did all 3 in 71 seconds.

Every time he loses, he becomes the most sour loser.
Many people do not know this because he has only lost twice. Well good for him.
BS.
He did praise Stipe and said he lost because he underestimated him.
He didn't praise Derrick Lewis because there was nothing to praise... they were both shit in that fight. He just said the truth: he lost because he was rubbish.

Did Overeem talked shit on Ngano? No.
He was a bit of a prick tbf...
But that's not the reason, Ngannou always pounds until the ref stops him, he did it against Henrique, against Rozenstruik, no ill intent.

I think his best performance was vs JDS.
Simple game plan, perfectly executed:
1)cripple his movement with leg kicks
2) press him against the cage and only then throw bombs when he is there.
3) set him up with jabs and wait to counter the big overhand he always throw.

He did all 3 in 71 seconds.

BS.
He did praise Stipe and said he lost because he underestimated him.
He didn't praise Derrick Lewis because there was nothing to praise... they were both shit in that fight. He just said the truth: he lost because he was rubbish.

He was a bit of a prick tbf...
But that's not the reason, Ngannou always pounds until the ref stops him, he did it against Henrique, against Rozenstruik, no ill intent.

Full of ill intent.
"lost because I underestimated you"
is not a praise. It's an excuse.
He lost to BB cuz he was afraid of BB. But he refused to accept that truth.

lol Ngano nuthugger, you tried to debate me but you actually supported my point. Thnks.

Cliffs:

Says Francis wanted to KO Stipe in the 5th
Says Francis didn't feel good before fight with Overeem
Says Francis is addicted to cam models
Says he wants to rematch Rozenstruik
Says Francis is would spend too much time on Sherdog and that was the main factor in their falling out

Also says Francis smelled like booze and cigarettes before most training sessions

I believe all of them but 1st one?
Come on, Francis could barely raise his hand to touch gloves with Stipe at the beginning of the 5th.

TLDR: Yet another egotistical fighter throwing his coaches under the bus.

I can understand Ngannou's addiction for cam models. Considering where he's from and what the women look like there, those cam models that he sees online must all be 10/10s to him.

Like a kid at an arcade, except for adults :D

That's not because you find cameroonian women unatractive that everybody thinks like you.

Im half way through, according to the coach, Ngannou really drank his own Koolaid. I like the coach, seems level headed and smart.

photo-1495602787267-96ab76127c2a
Looking at that pic makes me leery and nauseous.

TLDR: Yet another egotistical fighter throwing his coaches under the bus.
More the opposite.
The coach complains that he was not paying his due, he wasn't grateful enough, and he didn't defend them when they took so much shit after the Stipe loss.
But Ngannou has never blamed his coach for anything.

Relationships require work to maintain. It's hard, people change and drift apart. Sometimes it's for the best but if you want it to work you need to put in the effort

Cliffs:

Says Francis is addicted to cam models
Says he wants to rematch Rozenstruik
Says Francis is would spend too much time on Sherdog and that was the main factor in their falling out

Also says Francis smelled like booze and cigarettes before most training sessions

upload_2020-11-2_9-1-33.gif

Back