Ferguson's best use of Elbows from guard?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am not agreeing, nor disagreeing with the outcome that so many people have predicted thus far.

Although, I am asking which fight showcased the best and most effective elbows from the bottom (i.e. being in Ferguson's closed guard).

His elbows didn't look great against Pettis, for Pettis negated it rather easily. However, I do remember him beating up a tired Kevin Lee from guard, which was quite entertaining. He has quite a lot of good stylistic match-ups, he beat up (and got dropped hard) by Pettis, and looked pretty terrible against Cerrone.

Thoughts?

I do think Khabib will just pass Ferguson's guard anyway...

Pretty sure he mauled Castillo from guard in a close fight?
Maybe Josh Thompson too? Can't remember if he was ever on bottom but I know it was a brutal fight for Josh every where

Khabib's head is either gonna be pushing against Tony or postured up out of elbow range. I don't expect a lot of opportunity for Tony's elbows off his back

He lit Lee the F up from the guard.

Kevin said he was surprised at the ferocity of those elbows off of his back.

Khabib's head is either gonna be pushing against Tony or postured up out of elbow range. I don't expect a lot of opportunity for Tony's elbows off his back
Yeah, I really don't see Ferguson getting out or having success with Khabib on top.

Back