Ferguson vs Masvidal

Block Obama

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How do you think a fight between Tony Ferguson and Jorge Masvidal would go?

I think it would go well and I would enjoy it.

Ferg via split decision

Masvidal would refuse to go to round 3 against Ferguson, just like Cerrone, Anthony Pettis and
Aaron Riley

When they ask Masvidal to go to round 3:

550663.jpg

If Tony actually beats Khabib.....Tony vs Mas to unify the lightweight and bmf titles.....why not

Masvidal would refuse to go to round 3 against Ferguson, just like Cerrone, Anthony Pettis and
Aaron Riley

When they ask Masvidal to go to round 3:

550663.jpg

Masvidal has never quit or folded unlike Cerrone or Pettis

Mas at 170 . He’s bigger and faster and in his prime. Tony at 155, Mas would be too trained to fight a animal like Tony.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing ferguson take a run at WW after the khabib fight win or lose. He's a pretty big dude and thins himself out a LOT to get to 155. I think he could be deadly at welterweight.

Masvidal easily by KO in the first three rounds. LWs don't fucking with WWs. Respect needs to be given. Ferg is a big LW but lacks KO power and gets rocked often by mediocre fighter like Pettis/Johnson. Its going to be like Max going up to fight Poirier expect Masvidal is much more powerful than Poirer

actually I think Masvidal beats him at both LW and WW.
This is not hugging Masvidal's nuts due to his recent success in favorable matchups lately like most are doing.
It's just that Tony is a favorable style for him and would be a win for Masvidal at any point in their careers.

Anything to back up that Masvidal is bigger than Tony? In any way or shape? Masvidal is a small WW that is just too lazy to cut weight.

Tony should be taller, longer reach and walks around 200 lbs according to this video https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/video-tony-ferguson-weighing-200lbs.3591769/
Because he currently fights and wins at 170 and still skinny. Tony would fill out more and look better but if he thought he could win at 170 he would have been there long ago.

tony destroys any version of masvidal. I am actually amazed that you had to ask the question ...

Ferguson is a way better fighter than Masvidal

Man, I would pay good money to see that fight! If Ferguson loses to Khabib, I would love to see him move up to 170lbs - some awesome fights there for him, too.

How do you think a fight between Tony Ferguson and Jorge Masvidal would go?
It would be interesting.

Jorge is one of if not the best fundamental Boxers in MMA and would definitely pick Tony apart and drop him multiple times early but Tony has unbelievable recovery and composure when hurt he's almost impossible to finish and ends up landing something that changes the tone of the fight during the follow up scramble while the opponent tries to get the finish.

Jorge may be smart enough to just wait for Tony and force him to get back up instead of chasing and just continue to outbox and hurt Tony until he eventually can no longer recover as he has shown a lot (often to much) patience in the past.

Tony wouldn't be able to take him down so if he kept it at range and stuck too his game plan forcing the fight to take place where and at the pace he wants it to its a very winnable fight but Tony speeds up as the fight goes on and his opponent starts to slow and never stops pressuring so the longer it goes the more dangerous and overwhelming he becomes.

3rds I would say Mas easily but 5 would be interesting and could go either way. Regardless though, however it played out I think we can be sure it would be fun if nothing else.

Back