Ferguson vs Holloway for interim belt should be next

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hope this fight gonna happen at UFC 236 ME cause Khabib is long time suspended.
I don't want to see Max at 145 anymore, he's too big for that, it's extremely unhealthy.
Edgar can fight Volkanovski for vacant belt, I hope we can see Diaz vs Poirier and McGregor vs Cowboy as well.
Stylistically Holloway have a good chance to outstrike Ferguson but Ferguson is a better opponent for Khabib return.

A guy who’s been stripped of his interim vs a guy with 0 lightweight wins, a guy who two of the top 5 have wins over
Vs a guy who only had two defences at at a weight class below
Sure, He totally deserves it.

Ferguson should only be fighting for the undisputed belt
Having him fight for another interim is disrespectful. Imagine being the first interim champ champ

No its shouldn't.

Dumb idea.

So many LW contenders and they get surpassed by the FW champ?

Further clogging both the FW and LW divisions.

Ban.

No. Just no. If they just wanna fight, cool. No more interim belts. They're handing those fuckin things out like candy on halloween and it's not cool.

Tony should be Khabib's first fight back for sure, but no more interim belts.

At a certain level I hate this fight.

1. El Cucuy should be fighting Khabib, period, full stop.
2. Holloway has a chance to be a long reigning king at 145 and really do something special. He's currently won 13 consecutive.
3. Finally, I like both Holloway and Ferguson and hate to see one of them lose and snap their win streaks.

I hope this fight gonna happen at UFC 236 ME cause Khabib is long time suspended.
I don't want to see Max at 145 anymore, he's too big for that, it's extremely unhealthy.
Edgar can fight Volkanovski for vacant belt, I hope we can see Diaz vs Poirier and McGregor vs Cowboy as well.
Stylistically Holloway have a good chance to outstrike Ferguson but Ferguson is a better opponent for Khabib return.
khaduck clearly wants no part of ferg. sad really.

No reason for an interim belt if Khabib is gonna refuse to fight. Strip him and it should be Ferg vs. Poirier.

No reason for an interim belt if Khabib is gonna refuse to fight. Strip him and it should be Ferg vs. Poirier.
th

Ferguson/Holloway is the best fight for me.

I'm not entirely sure why people feel you need to have wins at a weight class above you when you're a pretty dominant champion in the weight class below. The fact is Poirier hasn't really impressed as much as Holloway and Ferguson have over the last few years.

Ferguson/Holloway is the best fight for me.

I'm not entirely sure why people feel you need to have wins at a weight class above you when you're a pretty dominant champion in the weight class below. The fact is Poirier hasn't really impressed as much as Holloway and Ferguson have over the last few years.
He isn’t a dominant champ though, he has 2 defences and one of those was against Aldo on short notice

The fight itself is sick of course. Having Max fight for an interim belt at LW really makes no sense though, and further log jams the division.

Great post.

He isn’t a dominant champ though, he has 2 defences and one of those was against Aldo on short notice

He's been dominant at LW for years now and had two impressive wins over Aldo (who was in a camp anyway for the second fight) before destroying Ortega. Both he and Ferguson are on long winning streaks. I don't see why someone who is a champion at 145 should have to start fighting lower ranked guys at 155 to "earn" a title shot at 155. It's bizarre to me. Either Holloway has been more impressive than Poirier over the last couple of years or he hasn't, and the truth is he's been considerably more impressive. And the fight with Ferguson just is a mouthwatering fight in a way that Poirier/Ferguson just isn't to me.

Ortega deserves to fight for the belt, not Frankie. I love Frankie but he's on the downside. Ortega is a stud. I want to see how he is in his next fight. That was a war with Max.

Back