Ferguson vs Gaethje

• Thread starter Deleted member 581023
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 581023

How do you think a Ferguson vs Gaethje rematch would go? I’m aware that this will likely never materialize but I can’t help but think Tony has a shot at beating him if they were to fight again. I watched their fight on Youtube couple times these last three weeks and I keep coming to the same conclusion. What do you guys think?

How do you think a Ferguson vs Gaethje rematch would go? I’m aware that this will likely never materialize but I can’t help but think Tony has a shot at beating him if they were to fight again. I watched their fight on Youtube couple times these last three weeks and I keep coming to the same conclusion. What do you guys think?

Gaethje pulverises him even worse this time.

Make the fight, the UFC could use a fatality to boost ratings.

The fight could be different given Tony wouldn't cut Weight twice like a DUMBASS, but I still think Justin has his number.

Tony's always going to struggle against heavy handed strikers with good boxing. Justin was able to catch Tony and punish him for every mistake he made being as defensively irresponsible as he is where lesser strikes simply lacked the power and good enough hands to hurt him enough times.

The last person he fought like that was a prime Michael Johnson in which he lost. Power strikers with good hands will always give him problems.

The fight could be different given Tony wouldn't cut Weight twice like a DUMBASS, but I still think Justin has his number.

Tony's always going to struggle against heavy handed strikers with good boxing. Justin was able to catch Tony and punish him for every mistake he made being as defensively irresponsible as he is where lesser strikes simply lacked the power and good enough hands to hurt him enough times.

The last person he fought like that was a prime Michael Johnson in which he lost. Power strikers with good hands will always give him problems.
Yeah. I can’t argue that. I know this aspect won’t make too much difference but every time I rewatch the fight, I end up thinking Tony can get it done if he can be more patient and utilize his reach

Tough for me to envision it going any other way. Tony landed a nice uppercut at the end of the second. Other than that, he pretty much got treated like a punching bag by Gaethje.

Tough for me to envision it going any other way. Tony landed a nice uppercut at the end of the second. Other than that, he pretty much got treated like a punching bag by Gaethje.
Yeah, I’m not going to lie, the later rounds do make it harder to envision it.

It was such a beat down the first time. Can't see Tony making all the necessary changes.

Tony would beat him. Let’s not pretend that Tony didn’t do 2 weight cuts and fight a short notice opponent who was the opposite of what he trained for. Tony didn’t look nothing like himself that night and still almost finished him.

a66bd094eb365f7d5a85ebf992011bbd776a4383.gif

Aye @Jose Beehive something we lightly touched on, he's got the attributes, that reach is GOOD for 155, but he doesn't use it often with how he likes his Elbows and close exchanges.

He fights the fight he fought against Cowboy where he stayed long, and he's a problem.

Do you think this could be seen as almost a mimic of the style that beat him? in a RDA vs Felder kind of mimicking a Khabib/Usman/Colby approach.. I'll have to go back and watch that Cowboy fight, been a little while not fresh in my memory.

I always think his body kicks when getting inside should be used more, the forward movement off of the fall back from the liver kick, they make the distance really well, he kicks into boxing/elbow range really well, but defends badly when he's there, so perhaps more jabs and leg kicks? Never really seen a huge Calf Kick game plan from him.

The beating Tony took in that fight is the career altering type, especially at his age in that shark tank of a division. Maybe he could catch Gaethje and finish him. But I think a Gaethje finish again would be wayyyy more likely.

Tony didn't look like himself because Gaethje beat the ever loving shit out of him. I think a rematch would be a lot closer and another 20 seconds in that 2nd round might have been enough for a TKO win. It would be closer but I think Gaethje still wins, probably by UD. I don't buy this whole "Tony trained for Khabib so he got his ass kicked" idea.

ferguson got one of the worst 4.5rd beatings ever displayed in the UFC. It was incredible, awesome and cringe-inducing all at the same time. Gaethje made ferguson run away from him. That has never happened before. Given ferguson's resume, gaethje put on one of the greatest performances in UFC history.

SpitefulShorttermBongo-size_restricted.gif

Tony would beat him. Let’s not pretend that Tony didn’t do 2 weight cuts and fight a short notice opponent who was the opposite of what he trained for. Tony didn’t look nothing like himself that night and still almost finished him.

a66bd094eb365f7d5a85ebf992011bbd776a4383.gif
{<jordan}

Back