Ferguson says he walks around at 200 lbs and nobody bats an eye..

Hate is strong here. Everybody cuts lots of weight. Even Mighty Mouse.

Well of course, there's a double standard with everything when it comes to Conor & his haters.

45 lbs cut brutal... that's like 25% body weight

Remember when Thiaga Alves being 200lbs was a big deal.

Hate is strong here. Everybody cuts lots of weight. Even Mighty Mouse.

Yea alot of pro's cut alot of weight, but to be fair there are plenty of fighters that only cut a modest amount or even a small amount. Not everyone is a cut master or even wants to be one. When was the last time you saw Bones look like a concentration camp victim at weigh in? Wanna know why? Because he only cuts small amounts, probably 10% or less, I'm guessing more like 8%, whereas a guy like McGregor is cutting in the 12-15% range which is a HUGE cut. Its a kidney killing, bathtub bonking cut.

People are confusing weight outside camp and fight night weight yet again.

That was a 170 fighter not a 155 guy. 190-205 is the norm for them.
Right. Now.
I was pointing out that in years past a 30 pound differential between walk around wait and weigh-in weight was deemed to be massive. Now it is common place.

Right. Now.
I was pointing out that in years past a 30 pound differential between walk around wait and weigh-in weight was deemed to be massive. Now it is common place.

Walk around weight and water cut weight are two different things. Water cut, which is what most people refer to as the fighters "cut to weight" is generally 10% for most fighters, as much as 15% for insane fighters, and only 5-8% for low cuts. McGregor is close to the 15% cut number like Barao was and like Hendricks has been known to do, and its really bad for your health.

Walk around 200, lose weight before camp through progressively turning up notches in the gym- start camp reasonable weight away from '55 then lose as much weight as can through camp level training, afterwards cut to '55, weigh in anywhere from '55 to '56 (could be 55.4 for example).

Replace those numbers with those appropriate for Mac and it doesn't sound so outlandish with him either.

Mac is freaking people out with all the weight gain while still looking lean and mean.

If you recreate the Reem timeline with him as a shoop, the lulz would be hilarious. It doesn't necessarily mean Conor is up to some sneaky shit, I personally think he just has a weird build built for Boxing if not MMA. He was obviously drained, he's just filling out as much as he can as healthily as he can. The sweetspot is probably still 155 for Mac. Maybe Ferguson's is at 170? Idk though, 170 is filled with big mofos.

This means nothing. Also, as far as I can remember Turd never looked like an AIDS patient during weigh-ins.

Ferguson isn't a champion two weight classes below the weight he walks around at, nor does he look like death is calling his name at the weigh ins.

I seriously hope you guys don't think he begins his week of the fight weight cut at the weight....

Right. Now.

This is sherdog, man. Your original post had ten words in it, which is TLDR territory for half the people on here. :) But yeah, people used to lose their minds over Alves and GSP walk around weight.

Your leaving a big chunk out Conor now says he walks around at 185 before he was bouncing from 170 to 175 which means he has gained 10 to 15 pounds of lean mass in 3 months. If your going to tell the story tell all of it. GSP was asked about the super fight and he said if he did he would have to commit to 185 and would need at least 6 months to add 10 pounds of muscle, he said at least 6 months. That idiot that said MMA is weird because the 145lb champ walks around at 185 well what an idiot Conor has not fought at 145 since these mass increases he did not start increasing until after he won the belt so his credibility was lost. Lets see him make 145 again in 3 months and we can all be amazed. Conors fans believe every word he says and that is that they see how certain things are not normally possible for 99% of people but they think he can do these things but the truth will surface. I see a real uneducated answer by one of his fans about his weight cutting he says its only fat and water people. You have to burn fat that is not part of the weight cutting process, fat can not be burned by sitting in a sauna or sitting on a toilet. It takes the avg person 1 month to burn 10 pounds plus he makes 145 and then hydrates to 170 so according to this person he loses 15 pounds of fat then the water then within 24 hours puts all that back on the fat and all. I repeat he has not made 145 from 185 but I am sure the followers will say he has

Back