Ferguson and Holloway - they are quite similair

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In my opinion Max and Tony are quite similar. They have so high volume striking. They can absorb a lot of shots (first round Aldo - Holloway and Lee - Ferguson/Ferguson - Barboza). Both they are nightmare for opponents in 3,4,5 round, because they have fantastic cardio and they have so high volume striking.
Aldo vs Holloway II - 108 significant strikes in round 3 for Holloway - WOW or Aldo vs Holloway I - 63 significant strikes in round 3

Ferguson - 40-50 shots in round 2-5 against RDA a lot of shots against Josh Thompson.

The main difference is that maybe Max have a little bit higher volume striking and Tony have better BJJ

I want to see fight Holloway vs Ferguson in LW. Max had problem with weightcut, so maybe we will see that fight.
Who you got Max or Tony?
And do you think that they are similar too?

I think Holloway is the more skilled fighter but not by much at all. That fight would be a barn-burner.

That would definitely be a hell of a fight. I think Max has the slight edge on the feet and Tony has the edge on the ground. I'd love to see those two warriors go at it.

No they aren't at all. Their styles are completely different. Tony is completely unorthodox, while Max is more of a creative (yet still textbook) technician. Only things they have in common is their long winning streaks before receiving title shots, frame, skin tone, wings......... Hold the fuck on..... Is Max..... Tony?

you're a moron ts <Gordonhat>, would be a dope fight thohgh

My dream match-up but I favor Ferg by sub in 4-5 rd.

Tony's snap-jitsu, hellbows, and ability to do damage from any position are some of his best attributes. Max is a big boy at FW and a lot of his advantages would be nullified against guys like Tony. Tony takes him to Snap-city imho but it would be a fun fight.

Holloway is a much better striker and Tony a much better submission artist.

Two of my top 3 favorite fighters actually (Ortega is the other).

Both are insanely durable, good creative strikers, and push a crazy pace. Can't wait to see Ferg again. Best LW on the planet.

Back