feminist perspective on the california shooter

There was a very interesting Op-Ed piece in Al Jazeera of all sources about how the shooter, Elliot Rodger, wasn't interested in women at all. If you read his 140 page manifesto you’ll notice the women are all faceless characters but he describes even their boyfriends, and all males in details including words like “tall, muscular, jock-type, chiseled jawline” etc. The women he coveted were status symbols like the BMW he drove and he only wanted them so he could fit in to what his perception of a white male should be.

oh god not this stupid shit

"women will tell you that they want a man who respects them and is kind to them, yet this is the complete opposite of what attracts women to men"

"i don't mean to say that men should be assholes towards women"

what deep thoughts

it's not stupid. it's reality. have you never spoken to a man, or a woman for that matter?

Men are attracted to good looking women and women are attracted to good looking men. As you get older, your standards drop and you stop worrying so much about who you're attracted to and more about who you can stand to have a conversation with.

The people who get all flustered about this kind of shit like feminists, men's rights activists, etc... are just people who can't accept the fact they aren't attractive enough to bag the attractive people they want and are unwilling to accept the kind of person they can actually pull.

So they come up with these theories that let them off the hook for their own vanity and their own refusal to settle for less than what they think they deserve.

Every girl I've ever met who complains about how there are no nice guys, chases douche bags and rejects nice guys because they aren't attractive enough. Every guy I've ever met who complains that all girls are whores, chases whores and ignores the girls who will actually treat them well because they aren't attractive enough.

Eventually you get over yourself or get desperate and settle for someone who's actually in your league, or you end up alone. It's not some new field of science, it's not some amazing new phenomenon that we need to address 'as a society.'

People just need to look in the mirror, rate themselves out of 10, realize they're actually 3 or 4 points below where they like the believe they are, and date people on their own level. Easy.

i don't think that you understand how attraction works. it's true that good-looking people of both genders have an advantage. but the things that attract men to women, are different to what women find attractive in men. if you're a man, you understand how attraction works. if the chick has a beautiful face and a smoking body, it's going to instantly attract us. if she ends up being a complete bitch, then you'll probably not want to pursue a relationship.

with women, if they come across a good-looking man, it will initially interest them. but women place confidence, humor, and personality way above looks. women look for character in a man before they do anything else, when it comes to relationship material. women want to have fun with their man. they don't want an adonis who acts like a pussy.

it's sad that these things even need to be said.

I like this post.
I second this. I just see a lot of projecting.

Agreed. I didn't even really realize that this was an issue in society until I started reading the WR.

I blame the place where most garbage starts on the internet... 4chan. Their political board gets a lot of traffic and pretty much every thread is hardcore racism, anti-semitism, and anti-women. Eventually what happens there tends to spill out all over the internet. I think this explains the whole whiny white male thing going on these days.

I blame the place where most garbage starts on the internet... 4chan. Their political board gets a lot of traffic and pretty much every thread is hardcore racism, anti-semitism, and anti-women. Eventually what happens there tends to spill out all over the internet. I think this explains the whole whiny white male thing going on these days.

4chan? Is that a chinese website? Link?

I think it mostly begins and ends on the internet. I don't know a single militant feminst or douchey woman hating man-child. Its easy if you spend a decent amount of time online to start percieving the outspoken and outlandish musings of a few persistent caricatures as some sort of movement or majority.....when it's anything but. Think about this place for instance , you have the same " few" ( relatively speaking) people jumping in with their input time and time again. Its less a seismic shift and more a classroom full of attention whores , idiots and blowhards with a decent amount of reasonable and thoughtful people peppered in the mix.

What 15 years ago would have been something that someone muttered to themselves inside of their own head is now out there for everyone to read. For better or worse the internet gives everyone a platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think that you understand how attraction works.

Actually I do. It's you that doesn't. Women don't like confidence. They like the appearance of confidence. Actually confident men can't be manipulated as easily and women come up with all sorts of other terms for what that is.

Actually I do. It's you that doesn't. Women don't like confidence. They like the appearance of confidence. Actually confident men can't be manipulated as easily and women come up with all sorts of other terms for what that is.

no, you still don't. how is confidence, and the appearance of being confident, not the same to a woman? a man who really is confident, is not as appealing to a woman than a man who only fakes it? what is the man that is faking the confidence doing that a truly confident man isn't, and how is that more appealing to a woman?

and what does manipulation have to do with what we're talking about? you seem very confused.

I wonder what the women who train in MMA or any other martial art have to say on this. I imagine some, maybe even most, could be die hard liberals, ultra liberals even, who also concur with the TS and also agree with the kind of feminism expressed on such sites as Jezebel, Feministe, IBlameThePatriarchy and Shakesville. I think there could be more women on Sherdog, particularly among those who are actually martial artists, who concur with the TS than there are women who concur with most of the Sherdoggers who've posted here. I imagine everyone who has disparaged the TS so far have been men; the women on here may fully agree with her.

Back