feminist perspective on the california shooter

Here's my opinion as someone who will never have to worry about setting a drink down at a party or wearing clothes that send the wrong message:

If Elliot Rodger felt entitled to women, it's not because he's a boy who grew up with that expectation, it's because he's a rich kid who grew up with the expectation that everything would be handed to him on a silver platter.

Everyone has the potential to become a mass murderer. Not just men, everyone.

Misogyny kills, certainly. That is a fact. You know who crazy people also kill besides women? Other men. Actually, men kill men far more frequently than men kill women.

I'm dating a social worker who says 80% of rape cases brought to her office (she deals with children, vast majority girls) are turned away by the district attorney because they don't have slam dunk corroborating evidence. Basically the rapist has to be a sloppy dumb criminal to even possibly face a trial. Where as the girls have to get a rape kit and face multiple interviews by trained dectectives before charges are even considered.

It's almost as if those detectives have to ascertain if something did or did not actually happen by the evidence present or not present... like they do for every other crime. Those sexist pigs!

Then if there is a trial the defense attorneys slut shame the girls on the stand in front of strangers and family as their go to strategy hoping to scare the girls into not speaking out.

Yes this is what lawyers do and have always done when they defend their clients, regardless of gender. They say a bunch of crazy shit.

Anyone who thinks false rape claims are anywhere near as prevalent as rapists walking has never discussed the matter with someone who works daily with rape cases. Stats from your Intro to criminology text book obviously are not accounting for the charges and cases that are never pressed.

How the fuck do you know if they were actual rapists if the evidence wasn't there saying they were? I could just as easily say those men were falsely accused of rape and were allowed to walk. We do have this pesky little thing called innocent until proven guilty. But I'm not even saying those men were innocent. I'm just saying to presume otherwise without evidence is plain stupid and frankly destructive.

Here's my opinion as someone who will never have to worry about setting a drink down at a party or wearing clothes that send the wrong message:

If Elliot Rodger felt entitled to women, it's not because he's a boy who grew up with that expectation, it's because he's a rich kid who grew up with the expectation that everything would be handed to him on a silver platter.

Everyone has the potential to become a mass murderer. Not just men, everyone.

Misogyny kills, certainly. That is a fact. You know who crazy people also kill besides women? Other men. Actually, men kill men far more frequently than men kill women.

Hey but don't let facts get in the way buddy lol.

I'm dating a social worker who says 80% of rape cases brought to her office (she deals with children, vast majority girls) are turned away by the district attorney because they don't have slam dunk corroborating evidence. Basically the rapist has to be a sloppy dumb criminal to even possibly face a trial. Where as the girls have to get a rape kit and face multiple interviews by trained dectectives before charges are even considered.

Then if there is a trial the defense attorneys slut shame the girls on the stand in front of strangers and family as their go to strategy hoping to scare the girls into not speaking out.

Anyone who thinks false rape claims are anywhere near as prevalent as rapists walking has never discussed the matter with someone who works daily with rape cases. Stats from your Intro to criminology text book obviously are not accounting for the charges and cases that are never pressed.

thank you for a sensible post

so men are not only sexually assaulting women but they are also sexually assaulting other men as well at similar rate

I fail to see how that is relevant to this discussion or changes any of the solutions proposed

I am all for getting men to stop raping, whether it is women or each other

Earlier you used a point about the military and made it seem like women were the only victims. That's why it was relevant.

And the sexual assault training that you are speaking so highly of is ridiculous. It focuses on women being victims and that all men are evil. When guys sit through the training, they are basically told we are bad guys and are just waiting for the right moment to start attacking people.

"I am all for getting men to stop raping, whether it is women or each other". Sounds just like the position they take in training. All men are evil!

so men are not only sexually assaulting women but they are also sexually assaulting other men as well at similar rate

I fail to see how that is relevant to this discussion or changes any of the solutions proposed

So which part of the culture is telling men to also sexually assault other men? And what about women who rape or sexually assault? Do you have an opinion about them?

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/hard-truth-girl-guy-rape/

According to the Center for Disease Control

Nice victim blaming m8. Maybe at the same time we could teach people about how murder is wrong.

Yea, that should work.

As a man I say power to the feminists,

Guys shouldn't take all of this so personally,

The thing is that feminists are trying to make this personal. They're implying that this is a gender issue instead of a mental health one.

They want to say that "oh men are responsible for all of these terrible things." As if other men have any control over these people. Or that their actions are indicative of an overarching way of thinking amongst men.

It's intellectually dishonest bullshit. Immoral people are going to do terrible things regardless of their sex/gender.

Also, feminists aren't doing a damn thing to help women who are actually being oppressed in other countries. They'd rather stay in America and invent issues to be upset about. I can't be the only one that sees this.

(Muh slut shaming and "rape culture")

Last edited:
The thing is that feminists are trying to make this personal. They're implying that this is a gender issue instead of a mental health one.

They want to say that "oh men are responsible for all of these terrible things." As if other men have any control over these people. Or that their actions are indicative of an overarching way of thinking amongst men.

It's intellectually dishonest bullshit. Immoral people are going to do terrible things regardless of their sex/gender.

Also, feminists aren't doing a damn thing to help women who are actually being oppressed in other countries. They'd rather stay in America and invent issues to be upset about. I can't be the only one that sees this.

(Muh slut shaming and "rape culture")

I truly believe that feminists are the female version of a closet case homosexual.

Closet case homosexuals will often attack or "gay bash" homosexuals as a sort of defense mechanism to uphold the idea that they are SUPER straight.

Most of us know that many women have fantasies of being dominated in a sort of "controlled rape" scenario mostly where they chose the partner so to speak. I think that a lot of these women have these fantasies, but don't want to admit it so they are essentially "in the closet" and compensate for it by fixating on rape and attacking and bashing men.

Just a fun theory of mine. I know this wouldn't encompass all of them but I'm sure it defines many.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the hashtag is a response to the manifesto and general pattern of thinking, not the proportion of female victims.

His general pattern of thinking and manifesto also included to kill his roomates, we dont see any #yesallroomates. Its just shoehorning some psycho into the agenda they already wanted.

I truly believe that feminists are the female version of a closet case homosexual.

Closet case homosexuals will often attack or "gay bash" homosexuals as a sort of defense mechanism to uphold the idea that the are SUPER straight.

Most of us know that many women have fantasies of being dominated in a sort of "controlled rape" scenario mostly where they chose the partner so to speak. I think that a lot of these women have these fantasies, but don't want to admit it so they are essentially "in the closet" and compensate for it by fixating on rape and attacking and bashing men.

Just a fun theory of mine. I know this wouldn't encompass all of them but I'm sure it defines many.

I've actually known for that to be the case with at least one of my female friends. I'd say that it's definitely a factor, but I think it makes up for a vast minority of them. I think many of them are just bandwagoners who enjoy feeling like they are part of an oppressed demographic. Also, I'm sure many of them are women who have been raped/molested (many times by their father/male figure), and their misplaced anger makes them lash out at all men (which is understandable to a degree).

Then there are actual feminists who worry about actual issues happening in other parts of the world. In places that do have a so called "rape culture." Fortunately, America is not one of them.

Also, I would consider myself a feminist in the classical sense, as would my mother and my girlfriend. None of us consider ourselves to be, what some would call, "neo-feminists".

Last edited:
His general pattern of thinking and manifesto also included to kill his roomates, we dont see any #yesallroomates. Its just shoehorning some psycho into the agenda they already wanted.

How much of the manifesto did you read?

What does one psycho's manifesto have to do with the rest of the male population?

That's like blaming all black people for crimes committed by blacks.

From what I gathered from everything, most of his problem was based upon how he viewed him self, not what he thought of other people.

He repeatedly referred to himself as magnificent and couldn't fathom how girls didn't desire him.

It wasn't totally rooted in his hate for women. And if it was it would have been better represented in his murder spree. He could have killed a lot more women I'm sure.

In these arguments I never hear how male on male violence stats stack up to men on women violence.

Women are the physically weaker sex and also less aggressive on average due to testosterone/estrogen levels. Doesnt make violence of any kind right, but to pretend male on male violence is less frequent is a joke.

How noble is a movement to protect people when it only focuses on one section of people? People need to be humanist, you cant stop violence on women unless you stop ALL violence.

It's safe to dismiss much of Powell's opinion as feminist propaganda. Behind all of it is the clear subtext: men are inherently violent towards women and anybody can be Elliot Rodgers.

I repeat, the gendered backlash on this story is propaganda. When a woman commits a violent crime like infanticide, maiming her husband, killing her husband, getting caught hiring a hitman to kill her husband, you don't see the media writing these articles trying to tell people that this is a problem with women on the whole. If Elliot Rodgers were a girl, he'd be treated as a mentally ill victim and his actions would never be suggested to reflect on the female population at large.

This shit should be obvious by now, look at the kind of stuff in the article:

1/4 women suffer violence from a partner? Sherdog members, please raise your hand if you have ever been kicked or slapped by a girl you'd had sex with. (In before "probably deserved it.") Please raise your other hand if a girl has ever gotten frisky with you when you were asleep or drunk. This kind of stuff happens to people, as in men and women. I'll grant you that men have the responsibility that comes with strength, but there's no reason any of us should have to listen anymore to this garbage about "men are the violent ones."

Women are just as violent (and vicious, cruel, crude, deceitful, etc.) as men, the main difference is they are less capable of inflicting physical violence to great effect. I would also assert that women have more social support for their emotional and psychological issues that can degenerate into acts of violence, compared to a boy (won't call him a man) like Rodgers who is expected to handle his shit like a grown up, grow some balls, and all that. I base this in large part on social reaction to instances of violence that have been committed by women, where they invariably receive support from all sides, relatively benign explanations are provided, and on and on it goes.

why is it so hard to accept that this dude was just a mentally ill weirdo who was butthurt he couldn't get with women and went on a shooting rampage?

this thread went from elliot rodgers/male shot ppl (men and women) = all men are inherently evil. To rape statistics and sexual assaults to pissing contest.

How about this gem:

When will we teach men and boys that power comes not from the barrel of a gun, that there are other ways to express or deal with pain or trauma, ways rooted in peace, love, nonviolence?

Motherfucker, what culture do you live in where basic morals are not already hammered into our skulls? Everybody is already taught to solve problems with words. Everybody is already taught that hurting someone is wrong, that stealing is wrong, let alone rape and murder. What Powell and other feminists are suggesting is not education, we have already been educated. We are not children who've grown up in third world nations where terrible violence is an everyday part of life.

Look at the subtext guys, what Powell and other feminists are really suggesting is the indoctrination of guilt. They want men to be lectured to ad infinitum on the evils of men until men are inundated with shame and guilt. Me and my entire peer group have always known that hurting people is wrong and I can't name one of them who would not be disgusted or outraged or otherwise extremely, extremely alarmed to know that one of his peers has committed a form of violence as grave as rape or murder.

It's like, fuck off already. The people who are willing to rape and murder will do so regardless of the amount of times and all various ways that they are told it's not nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back