feminist perspective on the california shooter

An "epidemic of violence against women" lol

As for the #yesallwomen thing, i'm sure i'm not the only dude who's had their ass pinched, their balls grabbed, and muscles squeezed by silly whores. In my case it started when i was 11 and the girls were 15-16, and i had to put up with this crap both in and out of school and college grounds, a long with the cat calls and lewd comments.

Contrary to popular belief, i didn't actually appreciate the physical stuff, but that's what you get for being handsome and in shape.

I'm sure i'm not the only guy on this site who has experienced this. Maybe we can have our own pity party, to put this shit in perspective.

I know I have experienced this throughout my life. The worst was getting fondled on a daily basis by several of my older female co-workers. They would comment about my crotch bulge through my pants, fondle my dick/ass frequently, offer to give me oral sex, and tell me how they would be "all over me" if they were younger.

Of course no one would see this as a serious issue, especially my male managers, as sexual assault by women against men is seen as a literal joke, even though one of them was one of my managers herself.

Had this been a man 20 years older assaulting a teenage girl who worked under him like this it would be a multi million dollar lawsuit and a national story. However, my assault receives no sympathy or even acknowledgement from feminists as it is contrary to their "culture of violence against women" paradigm.

Modern Feminism comes off as a rather sexist religion.

I'm trying to reconcile the feminist perspective with this too. I think it's really unfortunate that a tragedy such as this has to immediately become another argument about feminism, but #YesAllWomen has taken off and (from what I've seen) split the conversation between those who think mental health is the real story and others who think misogyny is (guns have slipped under the radar for the time being, perhaps appropriately given the method of the killings).

P.Z. Myers makes an interesting point here:

All this talk of Elliot Rodger being mentally ill is driven by the same circular reasoning: only a mentally ill person would commit mass murder, Rodger committed mass murder, therefore he was mentally ill.

That's how I conceptualized the problem at first as well, although I felt uneasy about it. A commenter on the blog makes the point that those along the autism spectrum are typically less prone to violence, and another point has been made on here that placing the blame on mental illness creates more of an unwarranted stigma against others who are more seriously afflicted.

I think our first instinct it to attribute mental illness to the killer because we want to differentiate him from ourselves, even though we realize the differences exist across a gradient and not as a discrete psychological status. He hadn't been officially diagnosed with anti-social personality disorder or autism. It's more likely that he had some kind of social impairment mixed with a heavy dose of narcissism. Why shouldn't severe misogyny be as considered as pathological as these things?

lol at 'victim mentality'

what a knee jerk cop-out reaction of the lowest denomination

I suppose any issue that you care about could be construed in the same 'whining' terms?

Making an issue out of a non existent problem is whining yes.

I'm trying to reconcile the feminist perspective with this too. I think it's really unfortunate that a tragedy such as this has to immediately become another argument about feminism, but #YesAllWomen has taken off and (from what I've seen) split the conversation between those who think mental health is the real story and others who think misogyny is (guns have slipped under the radar for the time being, perhaps appropriately given the method of the killings).

P.Z. Myers makes an interesting point here:

That's how I conceptualized the problem at first as well, although I felt uneasy about it. A commenter on the blog makes the point that those along the autism spectrum are typically less prone to violence, and another point has been made on here that placing the blame on mental illness creates more of an unwarranted stigma against others who are more seriously afflicted.

I think our first instinct it to attribute mental illness to the killer because we want to differentiate him from ourselves, even though we realize the differences exist across a gradient and not as a discrete psychological status. He hadn't been officially diagnosed with anti-social personality disorder or autism. It's more likely that he had some kind of social impairment mixed with a heavy dose of narcissism. Why shouldn't severe misogyny be as considered as pathological as these things?

So what if it is?

Comparing what a "feminist" might call "epidemic misogyny" to the kind of insanity that compels one to mass murder is not useful as they are totally unrelated.

It's like grouping someone who occasionally uses the term bitch along with a serial killer of women, the difference in severity makes them unrelated in any practical way.

Last edited:
I look at this #yesallwomen as a female version of "men going their own way". Both are embarrassing, over the top bullshit

Modern Feminism comes off as a rather sexist religion.

Sup bro?

You may be right, but in my view feminism was the inevitable backlash against the true bullshit inequities that woman have had to put up with.

Theres alway gonna be Al Sharpton types that try to hijack a noble cause.

To me they are just as bad as those who are irredeemable chauvinists.

Sup bro?

You may be right, but in my view feminism was the inevitable backlash against the true bullshit inequities that woman have had to put up with.

Theres alway gonna be Al Sharpton types that try to hijack a noble cause.

To me they are just as bad as those who are irredeemable chauvinists.

Hey buddy,

Yes, perhaps the chauvinist male and the modern feminist female are two sides of the same coin.

Perhaps if we put them all together in one place they will cancel each other out (if firearms were provided)

Meh don't care what a bunch of whiny self absorbed bitches think. Don't think I've ever met or know and women that agree with feminists or don't hold the same opinion of them. victim mentality.

That's because they only exist on the internet as a tiny, tiny minority, yet appear bigger than they are because MSM reports on it. Any one that exists in reality (not their virtual world), would be laughed at. Females are one of the most privileged peoples to live.

So it's not fuckfaces fault he killed those innocent people, its because he's a man and thats what men do?

Hey buddy,

Yes, perhaps the chauvinist male and the modern feminist female are two sides of the same coin.

Perhaps if we put them all together in one place they will cancel each other out (if firearms were provided)

Yeah but unfortunately stray bullets don't care about gender or ideology.

And there are different types of feminists as they are different types of libertarians, marxists, liberals etc.

The Al Sharpton types are the ones that fuck it up for those that are trill.

And there are different types of feminists as they are different types of libertarians, marxists, liberals etc.

Agreed! The ones that get the headlines are the more extreme ones.

If only moderate people had a bigger voice.

It sounds like this kids entitlement wasnt limited to just women. When his Mom was making $40k a year and his father had no income, he felt she should have replaced his mercedes SUV with a BMW in order to increase his confidence (she did.) He also only worked 2 jobs in his life, both of which he left the first day because he felt the work was below him. He also hated successful men so much that he expressed his desire to kill his more socially adept younger brother (who he seemed to like.) His expectation for life to be handed to him on a silver platter wasnt limited to sex/women, it affected all of his desires.

Agreed! The ones that get the headlines are the more extreme ones.

If only moderate people had a bigger voice.

What doesn't incite disunity, doesn't sell.

This is why the moderates are generally ignored by the media.

lol at 'victim mentality'

what a knee jerk cop-out reaction of the lowest denomination

#Yesallwomen is based on a victim mentality. Elliot Rodger killed exactly as many men as women, but you dont see any #yesallmen hastags floating around for them.

you know

considering the very measured, respectful and introspective tone of the articles that I posted in the op

if that is what you consider to be extremist al sharpton type, and the general amount of hatred and vitriol that anybody who braves this kind of discussion automatically receives, it really goes to show why this conversation is necessary

>dat first page

Holy shit, am I on /pol/ or /r/mensrights? I don't agree with everything the new-wave feminists preach, but this is a little embarrassing, guys.

If feminists were telling the truth I'd be able to just pick any hot chick and rape her and get off free. Other men would high five me, her family would blame her. More importantly I'd feel inclined to.

but none of those things are the case, feminists are dishonest and psychotic.

Back