Opinion Feminist: employers should moderate sports talk in the office because it excludes women.

So much debate and bickering back n forth over something to which the only response should be “what a fucken lunatic”.

The fact that the response to this is not unanimous tells you there’s something very wrong with society today.

She's right but it should be a corporate culture thing. Every corporate culture will handle it how they handle it. I was talking to a guy who follows the local football team precisely so that he can participate in the water cooler talk.

No, she isn't right that businesses should discourage sports talk, or small talk about other common diversions or hobbies.

No, she isn't right that businesses should discourage sports talk, or small talk about other common diversions or hobbies.
Depends on the business and their corporate culture.

Or are you saying that a business shouldn't make these decisions as they see fit? That would be advocating the same thing that you're complaining about.

Some companies restrict talking about politics, other restrict talking about religion. It's all defensible under the constitution.

I have an idea! How about, now hear me out feminists, how about you fly to the ME and start doing some much needed advocacy uh? I suggest you start in Saudia Arabia.
Nowhere in the article is she described as a feminist, in fact the word doesn't even appear once in the article. It seems TS just included that as bait for the outrage crowd and it seems to have worked hook line and sinker.

She is the head of a management consulting firm so she is very much talking about something relevant to her line of work. OP is trying to frame this as an identity politics issue but this is purely the result of market forces.
Depends what you mean by "right"

I think its an egregious overreach by management but on the other hand if there is reason to believe it'd actually lead to better performance on relevant metrics why wouldn't the company try it?

Or are you saying that a business shouldn't make these decisions as they see fit? That would be advocating the same thing that you're complaining about.

Some companies restrict talking about politics, other restrict talking about religion. It's all defensible under the constitution.

Yes, I am saying businesses should not tell employees not to discuss sports when the employees are on break. Imagine the mindset of wanting to control workers to that extent.

The Constitution says nothing at all about what businesses can or cannot do. It describes our governmental framework and defines governmental powers and their limitations. Bringing up the constitutionality of workers being forbidden from discussing the Super Bowl is a red herring. Frankly, it's indefensible and workers shouldn't stand for it.

Nowhere in the article is she described as a feminist, in fact the word doesn't even appear once in the article. It seems TS just included that as bait for the outrage crowd and it seems to have worked hook line and sinker.

She is the head of a management consulting firm so she is very much talking about something relevant to her line of work. OP is trying to frame this as an identity politics issue but this is purely the result of market forces.

I think its an egregious overreach by management but on the other hand if there is reason to believe it'd actually lead to better performance on relevant metrics why wouldn't the company try it?
I think the assumption of her being a feminist is a very valid one.

Yes because what she is demanding isn’t a feminist talking point, please stop you’re making a rare fool of yourself here.

In this case you are defending a religious fanatic that wants a corporate culture that is hostile to men.

I think the assumption of her being a feminist is a very valid one.
Yes because what she is demanding isn’t a feminist talking point, please stop you’re making a rare fool of yourself here.
Don't you think its a little misleading to blame feminism here when she isn't labeled as a feminist and isn't acting in any capacity as one but rather as a management consultant? Why aren't we criticizing corporate management which is clearly what this is about instead of bringing in something that is less relevant?

Its like criticizing Democrats for casting couch practices just because most people in Hollywood are Democrats.

Don't you think its a little misleading to blame feminism here when she isn't labeled as a feminist and isn't acting in any capacity as one but rather as a management consultant? Why aren't we criticizing corporate management which is clearly what this is about instead of bringing in something that is less relevant?

Its like criticizing Democrats for casting couch practices just because most people in Hollywood are Democrats.
Better question is why are you vehemently defending this nonsense...to answer your question even if a man was suggesting this shit it would still be feminism at its core.

Last edited:
As a man I would love for people to shut the F up about sports too. It gets old really quick hearing about it.

it does isolate men from women

No, it isolates the people who like the sport under discussion from those who don't. And even then, it only "isolates" you it you're too socially retarded to manage and direct conversations - so, sports talk isn't the problem as much as one's own social ineptitude.

is the argument that women are so socially inept that they need conversations to be regulated for them?

Back