Opinion Feminist: employers should moderate sports talk in the office because it excludes women.

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

"I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great," she said.

"But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans," she added, arguing bosses should crack down on sports banter.

Ms Francke is concerned that discussing football and, for example, the merits of video assistant refereeing (VAR) can disproportionately exclude women and divide offices.

Femi-NAZI. United Cuckdom strikes again.

<{Heymansnicker}>

"So Mr Smith, it says here you were sacked fom the last job. Can you explain to me what happened?"

"I was overheard saying that England should consider experimenting with playing Marcus Rashford along side Harry Kane as a second striker to give them an extra tactical option should they need it in a major tournement"

Just another Useful Idiot spewing hatred against men.

Next...

The fact that these idiots are left wing should give every male liberal a reality check ..

I don't have a problem with it as long as in turn the birds in the office can be compelled to shut the fuck up about Love Island or whatever moronic reality show they're into .

Sports talk is a behavior of the boys' club and it does isolate men from women, and the effect of that is multiplied by a power disparity, but you're not going to get everyone that far bent from their nature and that much on the same page. That the controversy is over sports talk being too exclusive could be a good sign. That's not really the case (there are other problems that still exist), but it would be nice if sports talk were all there was to complain about.

You’re probably a lot of fun to hang out with. Not

The fact that these idiots are left wing should give every male liberal a reality check ..
Oh yeah, when I think of the left nothing comes to mind faster than a professional management institute that advises ever increasing micromanagement of workers...

Freedom of speech. You don’t like what i have to say, nobody is forcing you to listen. And don’t worry about excluding me, I don’t give a crap if i’m left out of you conversations.

Madness.
I'm older than most here and have been in the workforce for decades, now. The last 25 years in the corporate world. I've met women here who were MLB or NBA or NFL fans (mainly those three) who would put most men to shame with their knowledge and passion for the sport. Granted, it's not often, but it happens. They're definitely out there and there are plenty of them. You guys up north run into women who follow NHL and know stats and all that good stuff, history of the sport and players and such? I'm guessing yes and even in other parts of the US probably yes on NHL.

This is just more outrageous pandering to the 1% of people offended by everything. Sad.

Last edited:
Sounds sexist to assume women don't like sports. Biggest football fan in my office is a chick who wears Packers stuff everywhere and can break down the game better than anyone I know
And I bet she makes a mean casserole.

Oh yeah, when I think of the left nothing comes to mind faster than a professional management institute that advises ever increasing micromanagement of workers...
I hope this isn’t sarcasm because you’re dead on .

She's right but it should be a corporate culture thing. Every corporate culture will handle it how they handle it. I was talking to a guy who follows the local football team precisely so that he can participate in the water cooler talk.

I agree with @Damien Karras though that if they push for this sort of thing then there's a whole bunch of subjects that should be excluded, like the celebrity gossip and parents talking about kids.

So, there's truth to that request but it's a failing strategy. People watch football, if you crack down on it in the office, you can't stop the fantasy sports leagues, the conversations in the gym, at lunch, etc. People will talk about what they like. If you want to talk to someone, you have to learn to talk about what they like, not just what you like.

To get sexist for a moment - this is because women are shitty and selfish daters. They rarely ask guys about their interests and instead tend to treat dates as situations where men are supposed to spend their time pretending that everything the woman says is interesting and worth talking about. Simps and cucks have reinforced this behavior instead of nipping it in the bud. So of course women are going to treat the office the same way - just another place where they don't have to hear about other people's interests.

To get a little assholish for a moment - I employ women, I don't work with them.

Okay, that last one was probably a little too much? Jokes, people, jokes.

Freedom of speech. You don’t like what i have to say, nobody is forcing you to listen. And don’t worry about excluding me, I don’t give a crap if i’m left out of you conversations.
Freedom of speech does not apply in the workplace, employers can set limits on what is acceptable to say and do. For instance, many companies crack down on any attempts to unionize and will fire employees who try. That speech and assembly is far more important than being able to get together talk about men chasing after leather balls but somehow limitations on that don't seem to generate as much outrage as a "feminist"(she's not described as such in the article btw, she's the Chartered Management Institute head) suggesting that water cooler talk about sports be moderated.
I hope this isn’t sarcasm because you’re dead on .
Its sarcasm and its not dead on. If you really think corporate political correctness is what the left is about then you're not very familiar with the left. Hence the example of anti-union practices in the corporate world
muSg-WFifeop19Px7a66o_M0CkYpxGwbzOEpQUVFhOA.jpg

Freedom of speech does not apply in the workplace, employers can set limits on what is acceptable to say and do. For instance, many companies crack down on any attempts to unionize and will fire employees who try. That speech and assembly is far more important than being able to get together talk about men chasing after leather balls but somehow limitations on that don't seem to generate as much outrage as a "feminist"(she's not described as such in the article btw, she's the Chartered Management Institute head) suggesting that water cooler talk about sports be moderated.

Its sarcasm and its not dead on. If you really think corporate political correctness is what the left is about then you're not very familiar with the left. Hence the example of anti-union practices in the corporate world
muSg-WFifeop19Px7a66o_M0CkYpxGwbzOEpQUVFhOA.jpg
Please stick to the topic in the original post. People sitting in a room thinking this ridiculous shit up is what the left is about. You are the one who isn’t paying attention...

Please stick to the topic in the original post. People sitting in a room thinking this ridiculous shit up is what the left is about. You are the one who isn’t paying attention...
I am sticking to the topic, I am just not keeping it at the level of the simplistic circlejerk that you seem to want to keep it at.

Points above are correct and several assumptions are made. The other thing that bothers me is trying to enforce a workplace where others must make someone "fit in". We have begun to coddle too much in our society.

Begun?

We're 25 years too late imo

I am sticking to the topic, I am just not keeping it at the level of the simplistic circlejerk that you seem to want to keep it at.
Look I’ll keep this as civil as I can, please state in your opinion what political party this feminist is likely to belong to. And what party they most likely all belong to. Please don’t make this about free speech because the topic she is referring to isn’t controversial in the least.

Sports talk is a behavior of the boys' club and it does isolate men from women, and the effect of that is multiplied by a power disparity, but you're not going to get everyone that far bent from their nature and that much on the same page. That the controversy is over sports talk being too exclusive could be a good sign. That's not really the case (there are other problems that still exist), but it would be nice if sports talk were all there was to complain about.

I know a woman who literally knows more about football and MMA than anyone else. All kinds of people have all kinds of hobbies. Assuming sports talk excludes women is as dumb as assuming that talking about baking excludes men. It is a narrow minded poorly thought out idea that only serves to tell men they are wrong when they've done nothing.

Look I’ll keep this as civil as I can, please state in your opinion what political party this feminist is likely to belong to. And what party they most likely all belong to. Please don’t make this about free speech because the topic she is referring to isn’t controversial in the least.
First off, where does it say she is a feminist? Also pay attention to what I wrote, I wasn't the one who brought up free speech and yet somehow I don't see you telling that poster to "Please don't make this about free speech".

Seeing as she is a British person who is also the head of a management institute I would honestly bet on her being part of the Tories though I am not that well versed in domestic British politics so I wouldn't be surprised if she was Labour or the Liberal Dems.

Back