Female Cop shot dead, first day of work

Yes there are many jobs that have higher injury and death rates.

However the difference is other jobs do not require a person to go toward a situation were people are in trouble.

So what's the on the job murder rate or assault rate for theses other jobs and there is the difference. What other jobs do you risk murder or assault as a part of your job.

How is that a difference, dead on the job is dead on the job.

The most dangerous job is fisherman with 131.52 deaths per 100,000. Police came in 14th most dangerous with only 15.96 deaths per 100,000. Not even the same ballpark there. In fact, fishers, loggers, aircraft pilots, extraction workers, iron and steel workers, roofers, garbage collectors, farmers and ranchers, truck drivers, power line installers, agricultural workers, construction laborers, and taxi drivers all came in as more dangerous than being a cop.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-dangerous-jobs/

How so? Because I said that it's pointless to argue with her because she just throws around opinions without anything to back it up?
Because you quoted me in response to someone else, I have no idea what you were trying to do, and I don't think you do, either

How is that a difference, dead on the job is dead on the job.

The most dangerous job is fisherman with 131.52 deaths per 100,000. Police came in 14th most dangerous with only 15.96 deaths per 100,000. Not even the same ballpark there. In fact, fishers, loggers, aircraft pilots, extraction workers, iron and steel workers, roofers, garbage collectors, farmers and ranchers, truck drivers, power line installers, agricultural workers, construction laborers, and taxi drivers all came in as more dangerous than being a cop.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-dangerous-jobs/

If you rate jobs worth by the number of dead then dead is dead.

If you rate a job by what they were doing when they died then its different.

If you rate jobs worth by the number of dead then dead is dead.

If you rate a job by what they were doing when they died then its different.

Would you rather be shot by a drunk or crushed by an 800 pound crab cage then dragged to the bottom of the ocean when the rope got wrapped around your leg? Like I said, what's the difference? I wouldn't be a cop, its a shitty job, I wouldn't be a fisherman or a logger either. There are just some jobs where the pay isn't worth it. The risk vs. reward is complete ass.

I could almost believe a lot of people would be willing to roll those dice.
But you know how it is with people who think it's edgy to flirt with anarchy: they'll be complaining the loudest when they call for help and "Oh, yah, police force was disbanded because all they do is write tickets to generate city revenue."

Indeed. What's the saying? War is beautiful to those who have never fought.:rolleyes:

Would you rather be shot by a drunk or crushed by an 800 pound crab cage then dragged to the bottom of the ocean when the rope got wrapped around your leg? Like I said, what's the difference? I wouldn't be a cop, its a shitty job, I wouldn't be a fisherman or a logger either. There are just some jobs where the pay isn't worth it. The risk vs. reward is complete ass.

Cops deaths tend to get more attention because they were going to the aid of the public when it happens. The same with firefighters and medical personal.

Cops deaths tend to get more attention because they were going to the aid of the public when it happens. The same with firefighters and medical personal.

I don't envy the police, like I said its a shitty job. I admit I'm not a fan of the police, but at the same time I don't wish any ill will towards them. Its unfortunate that the officer in this thread got killed in the line of duty. Its a dangerous world. I had a friend struck and killed by lightning when I was a teenager and it put that in my head that you never know when your time is up, no matter what your profession or situation.

Because you quoted me in response to someone else, I have no idea what you were trying to do, and I don't think you do, either

Correct. I was quoting your response to her to engage you in conversation to let you know that arguing with her is pointless. Basically, I was backing you. But in any case just forget it.

Correct. I was quoting your response to her to engage you in conversation to let you know that arguing with her is pointless. Basically, I was backing you. But in any case just forget it.
No, once you explained who you were referring to by her it comes together.
I'd no idea banchan is a her.
And you're right, so far engaging her has been pointless

Post script, and I was a dick to you, very sorry about that

No, once you explained who you were referring to by her it comes together.
I'd no idea banchan is a her.
And you're right, so far engaging her has been pointless
pepper%20spray.jpg

davis_meme_manet.jpg

pepper%20spray%20meme.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-07-26-at-5.43.52-PM.png

pepper-spraying-cop-peanuts.jpg

Beatles-pepperspray.jpg

EwLIOBS.jpg

Back