Felt kinda bad about an incident that happened tonight at MMA practice . . .

if some idiot throws an elbow to the back of my head, I tap and
say wtf? you got it ALL wrong. and talk to him about it and settle it
in words, do I want to train with this guy again or no.

why do we think that if we tap the guy out or kick his butt, then
that equals he will understand that he was at wrong, and he should go lighter
and not do illegal moves, etc. etc.

when you kick his butt, all he understands is that he got his butt kicked, and maybe not
even that, if his ego is so big he keeps thinking of excuses.

VampireMonk said:
if some idiot throws an elbow to the back of my head, I tap and
say wtf? you got it ALL wrong. and talk to him about it and settle it
in words, do I want to train with this guy again or no.

why do we think that if we tap the guy out or kick his butt, then
that equals he will understand that he was at wrong, and he should go lighter
and not do illegal moves, etc. etc.

when you kick his butt, all he understands is that he got his butt kicked, and maybe not
even that, if his ego is so big he keeps thinking of excuses.

because it's called fucking common sense.

maybe you dont understand striking etiquette because you've never been hit before.

rolling vs. rolling AND striking is different dude ...

I'm pretty sure outside of vale tudo rules strikes to the back of the head or spine are illegal in all full contact sports. The guy was throwing blows that could break discs or fuck up your nervous system, you had every right to get pissed off.

flyingknee16 said:
because it's called fucking common sense.

maybe you dont understand striking etiquette because you've never been hit before.

rolling vs. rolling AND striking is different dude ...

I've never been hit before? hehehe,
I don't see what my striking experience has anything to do with this.
yeah its common sense, but we are talking about the few idiots that
don't have the common sense or this wouldn't be happening right?

phenomfan1529 said:
do you usually use elbows when sparring?

nope. only punches. if i do throw elbows or knees, its always controlled and to the body, never to the head.

I don't see what my striking experience has anything to do with this

It has everything to do with it. Basic club etiquette says you respect your training partners and don't try kill them or cripple them by using excessive force and possibly crippling strikes because they aren't opponents, they are people that want to spar at their club whom you should learn alongside and from. You don't punch strike someone along their spine or at the back of their neck unless you want to put them in hospital. If this guy has that mentality of going all out street fight style when in a controlled environment sparring with buddies, he's a dick.

The above statement also pretty much confirms you don't do much striking training as otherwise you wouldn't try to dismiss a valid point. Also, I find it hard to believe you find the time do much training considering the amount of posting you do per day.

Maybe I should be wary when I spar with this Karate guy. He does go all out, but he tends to gas himself out in the process.

He's a nice kid though.

Sparring should be controlled and not done will full mma rules. You want to be able to re-use your training partners.

That is the theory we go by at my vale tudo school at least.

it happe, maybe there was a misunderstanding and he was doing wht was taught to him if he was taken down; most tma guys do strikes such as that when taken down, i have sparred some and they all do it..esp. the knee from the guard u mentioned.

u should have just stopped and explained wht u guys were doing, then gone again; if he continued tell him we can't spar til u check urself

Superbeast said:
It has everything to do with it. Basic club etiquette says you respect your training partners and don't try kill them or cripple them by using excessive force and possibly crippling strikes because they aren't opponents, they are people that want to spar at their club whom you should learn alongside and from. You don't punch strike someone along their spine or at the back of their neck unless you want to put them in hospital. If this guy has that mentality of going all out street fight style when in a controlled environment sparring with buddies, he's a dick.

The above statement also pretty much confirms you don't do much striking training as otherwise you wouldn't try to dismiss a valid point. Also, I find it hard to believe you find the time do much training considering the amount of posting you do per day.
good lord, nearly 50 ppd? even magic man would find that excessive

Back