Fellow Sherbros, Your Thoughts on Hardy. Are You Ok With Him in The UFC?

Are you OK with Greg Hardy getting a UFC contract?

• Total voters
Well the charges were dropped and expunged from his record.

I'm not arguing that he was innocent, but it is what it is.

You mean that 1-0 guy who's barely looked good while beating on cans? Nah. Not big on heavyweights who struggle to breathe after minute long fights. He's gonna get dominated by the first guy with semi-decent wrestling and the UFC is gonna get nothing but a worse rep from this.

Adding him being a piece of shit to the mix just makes you wonder what the fuck the UFC is doing.

Well the charges were dropped and expunged from his record.

I'm not arguing that he was innocent, but it is what it is.

Whatever version of Dana White existed in 2014 didn't seem to care. He was against it. Then he looked at his Top 10 Heavyweights and said "let's sign Greg Hardy and someone find out if any other NFLers are about to get cut for drugs or something. We need talent."

UFC can hardly hold complain, climbing into bed with Floyd Mayweather gives them no business being arbitrators of morality.

Its not so much the UFC I'm curious about, its the media and the fans opinions I'm curious about.

Whatever version of Dana White existed in 2014 didn't seem to care. He was against it. Then he looked at his Top 10 Heavyweights and said "let's sign Greg Hardy and someone find out if any other NFLers are about to get cut for drugs or something. We need talent."

That's pretty shocking, as Dana is typically regarded as a beacon of consistency and honesty.

I'm not condoning it but maybe she was asking for it?

I don't really know the details. I say give him a chance.
What a scummy thing to say. Please have that conversation with your wife/sister/daughter and let us know how it goes?

That's pretty shocking, as Dana is typically regarded as a beacon of consistency and honesty.

I think it stands as the only lie he's ever told. Will surely make people question his unshakable reputation as a shining light of honesty in an otherwise untrustworthy world.

Give him the Black Beast for his ufc debut. I’d pay to see Lewis treat him like he did his ex wife.

I'm fine with it.

Every other professional sports seems to tolerate rate it to an extant. If Hardy can stick to punching guys in the face in a cage instead of women outside of it, i'm all for him seeing what sorta fighter he can become.

He's not "in the UFC", he was signed to a developmental deal. This means the UFC will allow him to fight in designated promotions like LFA, and might bring him back to the Contender Series. He shouldn't be making his UFC debut any time soon.

There are others with colored pasts (pun intended) that are in the UFC, what is the big deal if another one is added to the roster?

It doesn't leave the UFC with a black eye, it leaves the UFC with another black guy. And he is huge, and he is "athletic" so sign his ass up! UFC needs more HW's.

What a scummy thing to say. Please have that conversation with your wife/sister/daughter and let us know how it goes?
Hey bro they want equal rights,

Also my wife is of the opinion, if you hit a bro and ignore warnings and keep doing it, you get whats coming to you.

But I don't know the details of Gregs case - nor do I care. He's probably a shit bag but plenty are in MMA and everyone deserves another chance.

He's not "in the UFC", he was signed to a developmental deal. This means the UFC will allow him to fight in designated promotions like LFA, and might bring him back to the Contender Series. He shouldn't be making his UFC debut any time soon.

I think sooner than later.

Hey bro they want equal rights,

Also my wife is of the opinion, if you hit a bro and ignore warnings and keep doing it, you get whats coming to you.

But I don't know the details of Gregs case - nor do I care. He's probably a shit bag but plenty are in MMA and everyone deserves another chance.

I was in a situation like that. Ex gf kept slapping and punching me, I warned her and after that I put her in a RNC.

Later she told everyone that I struck her..

I think sooner than later.
I hope not. I was going through the list, and we do have a 3-1 heavyweight, that Hu Yaozong guy from China they got to put on the China card, but everyone else is lightyears ahead of him in experience.

We all know Greg Hardy's story. And after last night's blitzkrieg assault on Austen Lane, he will most assuredly get an UFC contract, barring any setback from media and social criticism for his past crimes. If the UFC allows a guy with a Domestic Violence charge into the promotion, does it leave a black eye for MMA/UFC (Pun Intended).

Personally, while I can't stand the guy and think he's a scumbag who committed an awful crime, he did everything that was issued in a court of law. Is he reformed? I can't say. I do believe in second chances, and if he's allowed into the UFC, he should be on a very short leash.

Your thoughts my brothers.

Good thread. I’m not cool with him being in the UFC.

I did add a poll, @Hardkore, because I think this is a legitimately good discussion and I'd like to see where people stand on this. By "UFC contract", I mean the deal they gave him which will eventually lead to him fighting inside the Octagon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back