***Guilty*** Felix Verdejo charged for the killing of his mistress

I don't really know jack shit about this guy's personal life. I just know CTE makes people crazy and we saw the effects with Edwin Valero. So I'm wondering if he's suffering from it at all. But I guess he was just a scumbag already

Yeah he very likely was already a piece of shit. Hope the boy gets battered and has to watch his loved ones die while he sits in prison...doubt he cares for anyone as much as himself though. Otherwise he might value life more than he already doesn't...

Over a year late but unless it’s some advanced CTE where your brain is mush like a dementia patient, I don’t think it turns you violent if you were not already a violent person.

It just removes that filter that tells you not to actually do what you feel.

This is completely incorrect. Brain injuries - not necessarily CTE - absolutely have positive correlation with aggressive/violent behavior.

This is completely incorrect. Brain injuries - not necessarily CTE - absolutely have positive correlation with aggressive/violent behavior.
Well my brain injured brother most certainly has more aggressive behavior in the sense that he yells violently at me and my family but it hasn’t actually gotten physically violent.

Well my brain injured brother most certainly has more aggressive behavior in the sense that he yells violently at me and my family but it hasn’t actually gotten physically violent.

Sadly its a real thing. People w TBI are more likely to be physically violent. Very large body of research available online.

Verdejo was always a piece of crap… even though getting the biggest bonus for a Puertorrican by top rank, even bigger than Cotto, he always was with his father in law (who is a drug lord in the island) running around in the projects… his father in law “apparently” pushed verdejo to fix what he had done and not make his daughter suffer… he had a bike accident before that and a fight had to be postponed, had legal issues with his managers whom he had diamante promotions.. he never had a good work ethic and Bob arum once called him his biggest mistake …

Verdejo was always a piece of crap… even though getting the biggest bonus for a Puertorrican by top rank, even bigger than Cotto, he always was with his father in law (who is a drug lord in the island) running around in the projects… his father in law “apparently” pushed verdejo to fix what he had done and not make his daughter suffer… he had a bike accident before that and a fight had to be postponed, had legal issues with his managers whom he had diamante promotions.. he never had a good work ethic and Bob arum once called him his biggest mistake …
I remember way before all of this we were discussing on here how his former manager was holding him back by putting him in against soft competition and eventually contributing to his first loss because of it, I just now think his former manager really knew Verdejo was a wreck and would never amount to anything and suckered Bob Arum into signing him, well, that’s the least of his worries now.

Sadly its a real thing. People w TBI are more likely to be physically violent. Very large body of research available online.

I have seen this first-hand. Car wreck and motorcycle wreck, though. Legit closed head injuries, not boxing. But I know of two different guys and they were very even keel and anti-confrontational, never in a fight types. Never yell, etc. Nice guys, but quiet. Always. And in their 20s, but like that from childhood. "Subdued" types.

A year or 18 months after a head injury, as you mention screaming at family members and such. Throwing shit, punching walls, whatever. Definitely changed in that aggression fashion. Striking.

But I don't think any of that applies, here. Just a scumbag who kidnapped, tortured and killed his pregnant mistress. There doesn't have to be an answer. Some people just need to be put down, they don't need a head injury to get there.

TBI's are very serious and a lot of ppl who suffer from them, esp if they're young, tend to be the most violent and they lack impulse control, erratic, etc. You see this a lot in true crime w/ crazy killers and shit.

However, as @PHATV said Verdejo just seems to have always been a pos and was gonna fuck his and his ppl's lives up somehow someway, tbi or not, imo. What a waste of human life.

In a sense, he's fortunate he's a fighter. Baby killer? If dude isn't in a one man cell he's about to to get rich in there.

They say Aaron Hernandez had bad CTE. I'm sure it's a factor but I think others may be all the coaching to be violent, our warped patriarchal ideals on top of psychiatry and free will.
hernandez was a POS from the get go. gangster in highschool and shot someone in the face while in school in Florida.

Back