Felix Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas - highlights (by GP)

including the brick wraps :)

What was the deal with Tito's wraps? I know he was caught having an illegal tape job by Richardson before the B-Hop fight.

By the way Vargas doesn't look so hot these days and kind of sounds like the Godfather.

Sick video, phenonimal fight I wish there were more fights like this in boxing today regardless of weight class.

Shame that Trinidad was later found to have loaded gloves ..
This fight damaged vargas he was never the same .

I guess what goes around comes around >>>> margarito vs cotto

Tito won because his illegal wraps/multiple groin shots throughout the fight.

That was a great fight. Vargas and David Reid were never the same after getting Ko'd by Trinidad.

By far the most ignorant post

1st of all, Tito's gloves werent loaded, Richardson had a problem the way Sr wrapped them, then had them re-wraped, NYSAC found nothing wrong with the wraps, only Richardson

2nd, WTF does Cotto-Margarito have to do with any of this?

BTW, Dont waste your time responding to my question, my intellect is already insulted by reading your ignorant post, nothing good can come out of all of this if you respond

Please dont make shit up. Tito was never found to have loaded gloves get your facts straight.

What was the deal with Tito's wraps? I know he was caught having an illegal tape job by Richardson before the B-Hop fight.

By the way Vargas doesn't look so hot these days and kind of sounds like the Godfather.

vargas was ruined by boxing but he had made alot of money then his financial advisor robbed it all poor man was talking about fighting again

herifi Better Watch Tito's Hand Wraps.
Exclusive by Ron Heard

On September 29, 2001 before the fight between Bernard Hopkins and Felix Trinidad, team Hopkins sent a representative from their team to over-see Tito's hands being wrapped. When their representative arrived he was shocked to see that Tito's left hand was already wrapped, signed off and the boxing glove was on. In an exclusive interview Bernard Hopkins (said), "I sent my team in there to watch Trinidad wrap his hands and when they got there
Trinidad's left hand was already wrapped and he had his boxing glove on. So my trainer, Bouie Fisher who has been doing this stuff for a long time went over there to straighten it up. The thing is Trinidad has been getting away with doing this for a long time. I know for a fact that he has done it at least one other fight. They are used to being able to do whatever they want and get away with it. That is how it is in boxing."
First of all, you have to wonder who this commissioner was that let Don Felix wrap Tito's hand without anyone from the Hopkins camp being there. Hopkins said, "not only did he let him wrap the hands without us being there, but he was in there joking and laughing and talking Spanish with the Trinidads like they were best friends. When Bouie told them that he would have to take it off and rewrap it in front of someone fron their camp, he said "NO," its
already wrapped and it's too close to time for the fight to start. Bouie had to go to the head commissioner before they were made to rewrap his hands."
Luckily for Hopkins, Bouie Fisher is old school and he was not going to let this fight go on with Tito having wrapped his left hand and nobody from his camp watching it. "Bouie kept telling them, either we do this by the book or we don't do it all," said Hopkins.

It didn't make since to Fisher why the Trinidad's were so insistent on not rewrapping the hand because obviously they knew the rules. They have been in enough of these big fights to know that a representative from the other camp is allowed to be in the room while they are wrapping Tito's hand. Even if the New York Commission's Representative didn't know any better, the Trinidads definitely did. The Trinidads went so far as to actually say, "If we have to rewrap Tito's hand then there will be no fight."
Why was this left hand wrapping so important to the Trinidads?
Finally, after the head commissioner became involved the Trinidads were told to either rewrap the left hand or the fight was off. After much argument, they finally agreed to rewrap the hand with a member from the Hopkins team present.
Tito was made to remove his glove and the prior wrapping in front of Hopkins representative Naazim Richardson who noticed that the wrap looked very thick and when he felt it he says it was as hard as a rock. All the sudden it became very clear why they had tried to get away with wrapping the left hand without anyone from the Hopkins camp watching and also why they didn't want to remove it and rewrap the hand.
Don Felix began to rewrap the hand again, but Richardson noticed that Don Felix was putting layers of tape and then gauze, tape and then gauze, tape and then gauze which is not in accordance with NYSAC rules. The rules stipulate tape cannot be applied directly over the knuckles, and that repeating the process several times (is not permitted).
In an interview with Bernard Fernandez of Philly.com, Hopkins said, "If you put on tape, then gauze, then tape, then gauze, it's like a [plaster] cast. It's like being hit with a baseball bat. I'm giving out some secrets here, but you can dip your hands in ice water and that tape will, like, marinate and become harder. But it's only cheating if you get caught. Personally, I think Vargas' and Reid's people dropped the ball. Naazim did a brilliant job in spotting what [Felix Trinidad Sr.] was doing with the wraps." Don Felix was also putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles, both of which are not in accordance with NYSAC rules. New York's head commissioner put his foot down and made Don Felix wrap in strict accordance to the rules.
Don Felix has insisted in several interviews that, "I have always wrapped Tito's hands this way and nobody else has ever said anything."
That

in a interview in the ring mag,brother naazim said titos wraps were wrapped in a way that is illegal in ny not all over the world, when told of this tito's camp rewrapped his gloves.a similar thing happened in the ward/kessler fight, kesslers camp wrapped his hands in a way that is legal in europe but illegal in cali.once told kesslers team rewrapped.naz also said tito's case was different then margo's as margo's camp were trying to load the wraps with a plaster insert or block

in a interview in the ring mag,brother naazim said titos wraps were wrapped in a way that is illegal in ny not all over the world, when told of this tito's camp rewrapped his gloves.a similar thing happened in the ward/kessler fight, kesslers camp wrapped his hands in a way that is legal in europe but illegal in cali.once told kesslers team rewrapped.naz also said tito's case was different then margo's as margo's camp were trying to load the wraps with a plaster insert or block

this

video was great but god that music sucked so bad.

Back