Felix Tito Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas TB

Very entertaining to watch but at the same time kind of hard to watch a young lion like Vargas in there with an absolute killer.

One of my favorite fights of all time

Just found the entire HBO PPV from this on youtube.

I was a huge Vargas fan growing up. I hated Tito a long, long time for those low blows when Vargas started to rally a bit.

Great fight though.

Great fight!! I loved Vargas’s style around that time.

Great fight and the low blows were imo accidental. It doesn't make it intentional no matter how much the commentators suggest it was. I also don't buy Vargas' Pro wrestling style sell job.

Great effort by both boxers ..... sadly can’t say the same for Jay Nady ..... no way should Vargas been allowed to continue after the 2nd knockdown in the 12th

Great fight and the low blows were imo accidental. It doesn't make it intentional no matter how much the commentators suggest it was. I also don't buy Vargas' Pro wrestling style sell job.
Every time Tito got hurt he’d blast the guy in the balls ... can’t be accidental every time lol

Tito was the type of fighter who ruined careers when he beat some people. I believed that for Vargas and Reid.

Tito was the type of fighter who ruined careers when he beat some people. I believed that for Vargas and Reid.

Reid definitely. Vargas I think would’ve been run into the ground regardless. Neither he nor his team had any regard for his health or long term prospects. He was well on his way to ending up like Wilfred Benitez

Rewatching the Tito/Vargas fight, the thing that was frustrating was how Tito seemed to abandon his range in favor of fighting a phone booth fight after piecing Vargas up in that opening round. Vargas couldn’t deal with his reach or hamdspeed. He finally went back to hooking off his jab in the last rounds and turned the tide of the fight in his favor, finally stopping him.

I remember hearing Reid had some sort of long term eye issue and he/his team were essentially cashing out vs Tito.

Rewatching the Tito/Vargas fight, the thing that was frustrating was how Tito seemed to abandon his range in favor of fighting a phone booth fight after piecing Vargas up in that opening round.

I’m not sure he was ever great at using his reach against elite competition, he was outboxed by Hopkins and De La Hoya at range.

I can’t remember if it was Lampley or Merchant but one of them said De La Hoya “exposed’ Trinidad’s game at distance.

Seemed like a guy who excelled in the mid range.

Is Puerto Rico still a hotbed for elite boxers? I haven't heard about those guys like before (Trinidad, Camacho times...)

Arguably the best fight I've ever watched live from Vegas.

Is Puerto Rico still a hotbed for elite boxers? I haven't heard about those guys like before (Trinidad, Camacho times...)
De donde eres?
Ahora los campeones borinqueños más popular son americanos (Danny G).pero los pesos más ligueros tienen más talento.

Me gusta tu blog.

Back