Felice "Lil Bulldog" Herrig vs "12Guage" Paige VanZant @ UFC Fight Night Newark, 4/18

Awww yisss.

tumblr_me9pu71FSK1qjjr39o1_500.gif

Conor looking good.

Although they did give her FOTN, but that could be caused by the usual comical incompetence instead of a conscious attempt to build her up.

If they intended to build up Paige, I don't think they would have hidden away her fight in the Fight Pass prelims. Nor do I expect that the UFC enjoyed having to tell the Fox audience that FOTN was a fight that they didn't get to see. That VanZant vs Curran was awarded FOTN despite this working against it, I think, can be taken as an indication that the fight was just too fucking good not to honor. The commentators, by the way, pointed out that the audience was on their feet cheering their appreciation of the fight.

anybody with at least half a testicle knew this was going to be the next match-up for the both of them. Joe Silva is no dummy.

paige looks like her punches lack a bit of speed and have no power. i think s much as i hate it felice takes it.

yeah, it's almost like she has the power and explosiveness of a woman who doesn't do steroids.

Awesome fight, should be a FOTN contender.

Jesus Christ, Paige is gorgeous.

I'm going to be super depressed if that pretty face ever gets messed up in a fight.

War Vanzant.

Lol @ the poll results. I hope the betting lines reflect them. I will be able to buy a bigger house.

Felice is a journeywoman, that's often used as a negative statement but those attributes (experience, solid but not great skill, hardworking/in good shape) make this a comfortable win for her.

I hope Felice gets subbed or TKOd...Ill be happy with either one...

Cool. Both girls have a nice momentum from their first match & win in the UFC - Paige was impressive against Curran and Felice showed a lot of heart by surviving the early near-submission from Ellis. And Paige's looks and Felice's attention grabbing personality give both visibility. So whoever wins is going to be riding a nice wave forwards.

Rooting for Van Zant, but I think Herrig's experience will be too much for her. Felice by UD - make me wrong, Paige :)

Paige is winning the poll 3-1 huh?

I'm still not buying that Paige is any good. Felice via experience.

they should let the women dress up as anime/game characters n fight.

Back