Felice "Lil Bulldog" Herrig vs "12Guage" Paige VanZant @ UFC Fight Night Newark, 4/18

Rooting For Herrig... Its a shame that UFC's uniform deal is on the horizon... It will start by this fight right? Man, going to miss Herrig's :) interesting get-ups. O well, just another reason to dislike the ufc.

Don't think uniforms kick in till June/July/August

Why would they do this to Paige? She created so much buzz around her this past year; the UFC could have a good marketable fighter at strawweight, and now they feed her straight to Felice who is far more seasoned. Why not build Paige slower?

Granted, if Paige wins this fight, it's a huge win for her and proves she's the real deal. I just don't think she'll be ready for this one so soon.

&

Weigh-in should be epic.

But the fight? Hmmm...PVZ is still really hyped from her dominant win/UFC debut. But, I think (even) Felice might be too much for her. PVZ was impressive bullying around a skinny Curran and PVZ clinched and Wall-n-stalled enough to more or less neutralize her opponent. But recently, Felice looks so friggin` buff and strong. I just don`t think PVZ will be able to control Herrig in the clinch and I think she`ll be even less effective trying to pin Felice against the cage. I think if Felice just stays aggressive she can win this on the feet or on the ground. But neither fighter has much of a chance to put the other away. Both ladies will bring it though. Felice by UD.

Jarl

I can't believe people actually think Felice is hot. Paige is kinda cute though.

Nice. Your are the epitome of an MMA hipster if I've ever seen one. You should start a blog or something

So thinking WMMA strawweight > WMMA bantamweight makes one a hipster now?

What am I missing here?

I want PVZ to win even though I'm a little salty towards her at the moment. I tweeted her an offer to buy a pair of "used" or at least tried on panties for $50 and she blocked me.

First fight where I want to see zero stand up in the fight, just all ground game and control.

Will watch....

If Page is improving linearly she takes it, and makes it look easy.

Back