Felder vs RDA odds

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
RDA is a favorite at -175. I know part of the reason is Felder is taking the fight on short notice but still, he said he's lighter than ever, has been training for a triathlon so his cardio is in check and he's been training MMA as well. He's ranked #7 and for RDA to be the favorite shows RDA isn't perceived to be washed up.

20201112_052547.jpg

Yet just 6 days ago before Islam had to withdraw, Islam was a -550 favorite! Just imagine how much #12 Islam would be favored against #7 Felder! This shows again how much of a joke the LW rankings are. I know styles make fights but there are hardly any styles in the LW top 10 that would be favored against Islam.

20201112_052536.jpg

Doesn't surprise me that Felder didn't step up when Islam needed a replacement opponent in October despite there was more notice than when a replacement was needed for RDA

The reason Islam was favored so heavily over RDA isnt mainly because styles make fights and the LW rankings make no sense, but his insane hype train.
There is absolutely no indicator in Islams resumee that suggest that he is a tougher matchup than Felder. Its just fans buying into the hype and buying the narrative of the new Khabib.

Ofc odds say nothing about the fight anyway.

So weird that I had a feeling this thread was going to be a Makhachev thread.

The only fighter that I wish a devastating loss because of 1 sherdogger.

The reason Islam was favored so heavily over RDA isnt mainly because styles make fights and the LW rankings make no sense, but his insane hype train.
There is absolutely no indicator in Islams resumee that suggest that he is a tougher matchup than Felder. Its just fans buying into the hype and buying the narrative of the new Khabib.

If his hype train was insane then betters would be putting their money on RDA enough to tip the scales. Odds don't predict fights but neither do rankings - but when they're so far apart it shows the joke that some rankings are.

Makhachev is the only fighter in the world that doesn't have to fight to be fighter of the year.
That's how dangerous this guy is.

If his hype train was insane then betters would be putting their money on RDA enough to tip the scales. Odds don't predict fights but neither do rankings - but when they're so far apart it shows the joke that some rankings are.
I agree that Rankings are shit but why should Islam be ranked Higher? Rankings are not based on potential but resumee and Islam hasnt beaten a single ranked opponent yet. Therefore Rank 12 is actually pretty high.

Felder lost to Mike Perry

And Islam got ktfo by some no name. Shit happens. Not saying Felder is neccessarily a better fighter than Islam. Just more accomplished over all.

That shouldnt be too hard to understand

With a busted arm in a close fight at 170.
We must not forget these very VERY important facts.

I'll take a shot with the green dragon +155 Saturday night. I'll ,no doubt, be up money with me college picks going in.... and I love paying the door fee to enter hellbow city and root for Paul.

I agree that Rankings are shit but why should Islam be ranked Higher? Rankings are not based on potential but resumee and Islam hasnt beaten a single ranked opponent yet. Therefore Rank 12 is actually pretty high.

Source that rankings are based on resume?

I thought they're based on one's abilities relative to others in their division

Doesn't surprise me that Felder didn't step up when Islam needed a replacement opponent in October despite there was more notice than when a replacement was needed for RDA

You even said why you silly troll. October 12th Felder tweeted asking for help to prepare for a triathlon. October 25 was less than 2 weeks later and he'd still be waaaay over size. Now he's had a month ( not even that honestly ) he's within range to make the weight cut for November 15.... its not rocket science.

Well played Ackmed you were slipping for a bit there. 7/10 troll job. On the up again

Source that rankings are based on resume?

I thought they're based on one's abilities relative to others in their division
Yeah but how you measure that? By their results ofc.
So when a fighter beats someone who is recieved as an established competitor ( --> a ranked fighter) they obviously are ranked higher.
Rankings are not always clear and the UFC does some fishy stuff with them, but what would you base Islams ranking on other than resumee?
Your subjective gut feeling?
Because DC said he is really good in sparring?
Because oddmakers think he would likely win vs RDA?

Thats all imaginary. Noone knows for sure how he would do against the top 10 LWs.
So i for my part will wait UNTIL Islam fights a decent enough opponent before i claim him as a top contender.

You even said why you silly troll. October 12th Felder tweeted asking for help to prepare for a triathlon. October 25 was less than 2 weeks later and he'd still be waaaay over size. Now he's had a month ( not even that honestly ) he's within range to make the weight cut for November 15.... its not rocket science.

Well played Ackmed you were slipping for a bit there. 7/10 troll job. On the up again

Riiight its the extra 2 weeks of triathlon training that made him ready to fight underdog RDA on shorter notice than -550 favorite Islam <45>

Riiight its the extra 2 weeks of triathlon training that made him ready to fight underdog RDA on shorter notice than -550 favorite Islam <45>

You understand how weight works don't you?

Doesn’t surprise me that Islam is ducking RDA

Back