Felder Ups The Ante: Offers 5-Round War to Silence Barboza Once and for All *Update: Barboza Accepts

Felder vs. Barboza

• Total voters
Might have been due to the heat in Dubai. But if that fight was 5 rounds Barboza would have gotten destroyed. He was completely gassed in the 3rd so I'd have expected 10/8's if not finished in the fourth and fifth.
I don't understand why people keep saying this. Have you rewatched it? I don't see the exhaustion most are referencing. He won all the key points of the round and seemed to be coasting, but was still explosive as hell to the very end.

The last ten seconds look like this
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 8.44.36 AM.png

Wait, Paul puts it on the table and out there and then takes it away..? <{1-17}>
Barboza accepted, then Paul said "maybe in the future, but not now".

In all fairness Felder is older than Edson.

And Paul will still be older in the future just run it back and be done...

excuses, he just wanted to draw attention expecting Barboza would not accept so he could have a stupid moral win.

Paulo Felder lol

excuses, he just wanted to draw attention expecting Barboza would not accept so he could have a stupid moral win.

Paulo Felder lol
Ive been pretty hard on Felder, I think he's just kind of retarded to be honest.

Imagine you get a decision over a top ranked guy that almost no one thought you won. The clear move is to say:

"Great fight, Edson, that was tough! I'm not a judge. I'm very proud of my performance and am ready for the top 5! Who's next?"

I mean geez. You won. Its simple.

Instead, he posts a fake stat graph and goes "Numbers don't lie, I walked him down, he was broken at the end! let's do five rounds!".

Thats world class stupidity.

030_Edson_Barboza_and_Paul_Felder.0.0.1437798694.0.jpg

“As for my fight and what seems to have turned into a controversial decision amongst fans, it was a war, a close fight between 2 skilled people that wanted to finish each other. I have nothing but respect for Edson. We both go out and put on fights to entertain the fans.

"With that said, I will say this. I walked him down the entire fight. I threw at him the entire fight. I never stalled the entire fight. If he landed, I landed the entire fight. When he took me down, he took the damage -- the entire fight.

"I never gassed or slowed my pace the entire fight. I got cut due to a head butt. Edson got cut due to strikes. Both of us put our bodies through so much during that fight that whoever came out with the loss would understandably be upset.

"If we need to run it back I would be happy to, but this trilogy needs to be 5 rounds because someone was about to break and that someone was not me. If the fans and Edson need a clear ending to this then it’s main event or bust.”
Poor Felder. He has to go through another fight of those switch kicks, and the anxiety of possibly taking a spinning heel to the head again.

giphy.gif

Barboza's coach Alex Davis told MMAFighting.com that Felder has verbally agreed to the trilogy after the two have split a pair of fights previously.

“Paul Felder is down to doing it,” Davis said. “I’ll talk to UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby this week. Edson wants the Felder fight, but we don’t know if that’s going to happen.”

Even over 5 rounds? Did Edson hold back in the 3rd because he thought he had it in the bag?
He was def getting tired in the 3rd. I don’t think a 5 round fight with Paul is a good idea for Edson right now

Back