Felder Ups The Ante: Offers 5-Round War to Silence Barboza Once and for All *Update: Barboza Accepts

Felder vs. Barboza

• Total voters
Respect to Felder, but he's flat wrong: Edson won the first round with powerful kicks to the legs/body and the second round with the takedown.

Barboza won’t fight for a title.
He’s an established lower Top 10 at best, Top 20 if he gets bad stylistic matchups (like Jamie Varner types).
I don't disagree but I stand by my point - more at stake with win streaks

Might have been due to the heat in Dubai. But if that fight was 5 rounds Barboza would have gotten destroyed. He was completely gassed in the 3rd so I'd have expected 10/8's if not finished in the fourth and fifth.

Yes, he called out both Edson and Felder in the cage after defeating Ramos. I didnt think of the duck initially but now it makes sense. Islam would beat both guys soundly

He's not ducking! it was the fans that got him talking about a trilogy and honestly it makes sense in a fiver rounder

"Offers"...
{<jordan}

This is what they want... That's why they robbed Barboza in the first place.
master-of-the-obvious_400x400.jpg

Felder lost two times already, hope in the third Barboza rip his head off with a wheel kick, and Felder's head fly on Herb and KTFO him too. Then, I want to see the judges rob against Barboza again...

I thought Edson won it too but a 3rd match-up has some spice.

91ctMNmFwvL._UX342_.jpg

Holy crap ! I forgot that. Even the commentators were saying “That was NOT the right thing to tell Barboza.”

Yeah, that was stupid for his corner to say they were clearly up 2-0 when the first 2 rounds were pretty close, especially the second.

2nd fight was extremely close, if there is a 3rd fight and it is a 5 rounder then felder wins clearly.

He was coming on strong in the third round, barboza tends to wilt in fights and felder does not. If it makes it into the 4th and 5th round, felder will probably get a TKO. Of course Edson can finish it before then, but with how durable felder is, I find that to be unlikely.

As like a main card opener yeah.. as a main over 5? Shoot me in the head. Sorry not sorry Felder. I appreciate his courage and sportsmanship but are we realy waiting for Felder in main events now? Really? Fuck..

I'm surprised that everyone wants to see this. The two fights were very mediocre & underwhelming if you consider how exciting these guys are (esp Barboza) against other opponents. This has to be one of the most lukewarm rivalries.

Felder Says It Was Razor Close, Not a "Robbery"

“I know he’s upset and I know that he has not had the best winning record lately, so I feel for him. I feel for his family and I know how much the money means to him. I know his wife even came out and said something like, ‘I have all these other opportunities, why can’t I go take them?’ With emotions and financial stuff, when you think you won the fight…we both thought we won that fight so I get it.

“Is it upsetting me . . . that these guys who I thought I was really cool with are basically saying that it was robbery? That’s what’s upsetting me most. If you just admitted that it was razor close and you felt you should’ve got the nod… yeah the judges are all over the place. But two of them scored it for me, not you.

It sucks. I’ve been on the end of other split decisions. I’ve lost two split decisions in the UFC. So going into that decision I was nervous as hell. Look at his face: so was he. I know his guys were confident and they were yelling, ‘You’ve got this,’ but so was Duke [Roufus].

“We were all just trying to stay positive out there to keep guys from losing their minds in those situations. There is so much tension when you’re awaiting decisions, especially after a war like that. We beat the crap out of each other, I think that’s what upsets me most out of all of it: I just had this epic rematch with Edson Barboza—the No. 7 guys versus the No. 10 guy—and we go at it and it should’ve been Fight of the Night.”

“We put on an even better battle than we did the first time and what are we all talking about? [We’re] arguing back and forth over who should’ve won and that’s really unfortunate.”

-MMA Fighting/EuroBash Podcast

I'm surprised that everyone wants to see this. The two fights were very mediocre & underwhelming if you consider how exciting these guys are (esp Barboza) against other opponents. This has to be one of the most lukewarm rivalries.
To me, they were great.

Both guys hurt just about everyone they fight. It is truly remarkable they threw down for 6 rounds and neither guy so much as scored a knockdown.

as-iron-sharpens-iron-924x3501.jpg
Them two were made to war with each other I'm all good for running it back...

Book it Dana. Regardless where you stand on the decision, no one should turn down the opportunity of another war between these two. They've delivered not once but twice and it's a miracle neither got KO'd.

Barboza wins 1 and 2. Maybeeee he comes with better cardio and a slower pace to win the 3.
Felder easily wins 4 and 5.
Round 3 will be the factor.

Back