Felder Ups The Ante: Offers 5-Round War to Silence Barboza Once and for All *Update: Barboza Accepts

Felder vs. Barboza

• Total voters
Barboza was gassed as fook in that third round. Felder knocks him out 100% for sure in a 5 rounder.

Smart move by Felder, it would be a great main event for a fight night.

I think Felder lost, but I admire his willingness to settle the score honorably.

This is what I'm saying

Run it again

Neither of them is doing anything else more interesting next

Idk I'd rather Felder go up first and get a big fight then if loses make the edson trilogy. He's on a decent streak. Give him a crack at someone in the top 5 or close to it. If he fails then book it

Idk I'd rather Felder go up first and get a big fight then if loses make the edson trilogy. He's on a decent streak. Give him a crack at someone in the top 5 or close to it. If he fails then book it

This would be the reasonal thing to do.
I could see a Poirier-Felder fight, for example.

In a five rounder, I'd have to favor Felder.

Usually I’m not interested in immediate rematches, but this is one I’d like to see.
It was a very close fight...I had barboza winning but I can understand giving it to Felder as well. Run that shit back bro

Usually a Felder fan, but going with Barboza in this one.

Edson Barboza welcomes Paul Felder trilogy bout: ‘Why not? I already fought and beat him twice’

. . .

After beating Paul Felder once via unanimous decision back in July 2015 in a Fight of the Night performance, Barboza is sure he has what it takes to do it again. In fact, he believes he already has at UFC 242, but is willing to meet the ‘Irish Dragon’ one more time, just to make it clear.

Sure, why not?” Barboza told Combate. “I already fought and beat him twice. It would be great to beat him one more time. If it’s to fight Paul, it doesn’t matter; I’ll fight him any day the UFC tells me to. I’ll be ready. Next month, October, November, December, tops. Whenever it may be, I’ll be ready. If they want me to fight him again next week, I’ll be ready to fight Paul again.”

. . .

“I think that numbers don’t lie,” Barboza said. “If you look at the numbers, you’ll see I landed more shots. I had a takedown. He attacked my arm, but there was zero danger. Damn, man, there was no way he would have taken my arm there. He really did hit me with some good elbows, but how many punches did I hit him with when I was on top?

“I took him down that round. I was dominating that round until I took him down. Honestly, it’s not even up for discussion. Especially because numbers don’t lie. The only thing he tried to do in the second round was to submit me, but he wasn’t even close.”

. . .

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...elcomes-paul-felder-trilogy-bout-mma-ufc-news

5 rounds definitely changes things. Felder could never honestly win a 3 round fight with Barboza, but now he has a chance. I'd still pick Barboza though.

Anyone picking Barboza in a 5 round fight needs to consider the idea their judgement is very much compromised by obvious bias....

Back