Felder Ups The Ante: Offers 5-Round War to Silence Barboza Once and for All *Update: Barboza Accepts

Felder vs. Barboza

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
030_Edson_Barboza_and_Paul_Felder.0.0.1437798694.0.jpg

“As for my fight and what seems to have turned into a controversial decision amongst fans, it was a war, a close fight between 2 skilled people that wanted to finish each other. I have nothing but respect for Edson. We both go out and put on fights to entertain the fans.

"With that said, I will say this. I walked him down the entire fight. I threw at him the entire fight. I never stalled the entire fight. If he landed, I landed the entire fight. When he took me down, he took the damage -- the entire fight.

"I never gassed or slowed my pace the entire fight. I got cut due to a head butt. Edson got cut due to strikes. Both of us put our bodies through so much during that fight that whoever came out with the loss would understandably be upset.

"If we need to run it back I would be happy to, but this trilogy needs to be 5 rounds because someone was about to break and that someone was not me. If the fans and Edson need a clear ending to this then it’s main event or bust.”

Last edited:
I would watch, both fights were amazing.

Felder does not need to explain anything to anyone. He was an absolute warrior out there. Move on from Edson, Paul.

5 round fight night card would settle the score. We will tune in for this trilogy because both guys bring it in the stand up.

I like this
Way more interested than I was for their 2nd fight
A bit of tension now
Run it

Neither is really going up in the ranks so why not, throw it on a small time Fight Night and we’re good

Not yet, let them get a couple winnable fights with other people first then go from there

1st fight was better.
3rd fight will be better than 2nd, they were way too respectful of one another.

A five round trilogy fight would be great. Make it happen Goof.

MMA fans should appreciate this.

I would expect to see Barboza break first. I'm sure he's down for the fight as well.

I'm down for it. Would make a nice main event for a smaller show. We get too many flat main events for those shows, this would have some heat and backstory to it

<mma4>

I dig it. I'd be down for a five rounder. Very evenly matched. Not sure if the UFC would want to book it again or just use the win to boost Felder up the ladder.

This is a great idea, sooo it'll never happen

I would love this 3rd fight!

OK, I take back what I silently thought about Felder’s “I won” tweets.

He’s building up hype for a trilogy. Smart guy. Who’d have thought Felder might soon be in a heavily-anticipated showdown?

Its 2-0 Barboza in my book. I would take Edson in a 3rd fight as well.

Back