Felder looked phenomenal

jnes

Boxer
@purple
Reaction score
First off huge respect to Felder for taking on a high profile fight on such a short notice. He didn't just show up, but he put on an incredible performance considering he hadn't stepped in an MMA gym for 4 MONTHS!!!! He was fast and sharp with a great gas tank. I scored it 50-45 RDA but to show up 5 days, against a world class opponent and not get mauled is incredible. RDA was going into this fight prepping for a great grappler, so he wasn't a drained flimsy 155 and is an excellent grappler himself. Only landed 6/22 takedowns and the fact that Felder could keep up with that for 5 hard rounds was extremely impressive. I honestly thoroughly enjoyed the fight and it showed why lightweight is the most stacked division, high level technical MMA in all the aspects of the game. I do think Felder has another 2-3 good fights in him and hope he can rack up some wins.
WAR FELDER!
tenor.gif

Felder always does something cool,
then fucks it up by talking about himself.

Ex:
- good commentating during fight, then makes post interview about him.
- saves this weekends card, then gives a TED talk about himself

Yep. We've seen a few examples where your body being somewhat rested from combat can allow you to perform better without a camp, than one might imagine. I don't think that that is really understood well enough to do anything with it though.

Props to Felder. That was a ballsy move. Everyone seems to be on board with this and talking about it. Deservedly. What I am NOT hearing about is what a great performance it was by RDA who won the fucking fight and fought a short notice opponent with a totally different style than what he was training for. Lets hear it for Dos Anjos! The dude is still here kicking ass and taking names. BAM!

He was really impressive, to say he hadn't been in a gym for 4 months iirc and hadn't trained any wrestling.. I'm not his biggest fan, but the guy saved the card last night.

im glad he saved the fight,

but he thinks hes more relevant than he is- like a LW Chris Weidman.
Well he is far more relevant because Weidman is an incoherent goof, while Felder has absolute zero problem dedicating his life to being a UFC shill man. Felder also isn't punch drunk.

Nobody is a bigger Felder fan than Felder

it's like being at two different places at once..

He looked fast and had some nice strikes.

He also has a good chin. His forehead was bleeding, but he seemed fine.

Yes - had paul losing 49-46 but under circumstances and actual striking stats.... .....surprised more people aren't giving him his props.

Yeah he looked much more beat up than he was because of the blood from the cut on his foreskin.

Props to felder.

I didn't see anything special from both fighters.
Paul Felder has good genetics for cardio. That's why he could keep 5 rounds with RDA who's last TKO win was 5 years ago.

Hes complaining about the huge weight cut. Maybe he should fight at 170 then

felder is always game, but it just showed how good RDA is at LW. felder fought a good fight and didn't really come close to winning (unless you listen to chris lee or whoever that asshat 3rd judge was).

Last edited:
Back